Your Opinion Counts

How many of you have actually looked around the world these days? Have you seen all
of the racism that goes on? Whether you are black, white or any other race. It happens
every day everywhere. You see someone of a certain race with bad characteristics or a bad
attitude,so you automatically judge everyone of that race. Maybe not everyone does it but a
lot of people do. Next time you are out you should look around and really see how badly
people get treated because of their race. Most people see it happen all the time and
although they may not like it they never do anything to stop it. Some people see it happen
and agree with how poorly these people are getting treated. Next time you see someone
getting treated this way you should put yourself in their shoes. If you were them wouldn't
you want them to do something about it.

Racism has gone for a very long time and it will most likely go on for a very long
time. If the world wasn't so racist we might be able to find some peace. Martin Luther
King, Jr. was someone that stood up against racism. Now he is very well known because he
had the guts to do something about it. We can't all be like him and start a civil rights
movement but we could have the courtesy to treat people with respect. We could treat them
as an equal. No one should have to go through harm because they are a certain color. No
one should feel bad about themselves because of who they are. Everyone deserves a chance
to be an equal. Don't let how others treat people affect how you treat them. We all
deserve a chance.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Well stated, my friend. In the defense of men, racism has been considerably subdued. It has cunningly changed its form to other prejudices. Look with such wisdom on others, like homosexuals, and you will have truly beaten it.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I do, however, agree that racism is still active. Luckily, violent actions of racism have turned into mere, subconcious thoughts. This will make it all the more difficult to rid ourselves of, though. Great article, again.

lovelylexi94 replied...

Thank you.

I will look into the homosexuality and abuse.

Treefiddy said...
Sept. 24, 2010 at 7:51 am
No, I'm really not seeing all of this rampant racism. I think that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and all of the other supposed "civil rights" leaders masquerading as Martin Luther King Jr. should throw in the towell, declare victory and then go home. This is not the 1960s, where there was rampant institutionalized racism, working to keep black Americans impoverished. I look around and I see a general harmony between people of different races and Americans in general. I truely detest when this co... (more »)

lovelylexi94 replied...
This was just my opinion on stuff that i see.  I see it happen all over.