It's not a choice. It's who they are.

Gays, lesbians, bisexual, and heterosexual people are all the same. It’s not a choice anymore then choice of what parents you have. It is just who you are, not who you choose to be.

Everyone who spews anger about gays are just arrogant. You don’t choose who you crush on. Love is love. And homosexuals in love is a classical tale of Romeo and Romeo or Juliet and Juliet. Society is keeping them from their desired true love. And who do we think we are to stop that?

America was established on freedoms and I believe freedom of sexuality should be one of them. If two people of the same gender want to partake in the sacred bond of marriage then I say what the heck! It’s their life to do with as they please.

We will allow felons to play in the NFL but won’t allow two women to get married? We have places where you can take an unborn babies lives but we won’t allow a man’s male partner of 10 years to go into the Intensive Care Unit because he isn’t immediate family? We are willing to build a giant fence to keep Mexicans from the US but won’t let two lesbians share taxes? It is absolutely amazing what some people choose to fight about.

We have world hunger at an astounding level, natural disasters destroying whole countries, and thousands of lives being lost in war every day. And yet. We won’t let people engage in the pure bliss that is sharing a sacred bond with a love. One of the very last pure and beautiful things we have in this world is love. And now that is being ruined because people are putting restrictions on what can and can’t happen.
The world has gone crazy.

nextJKRowling said...

thanks :)

ditto

MarinaOreo said...
Oct. 1, 2010 at 10:49 am
Thanks for writing this article :) finally found another smart person in the world :) 

nextJKRowling replied...
Oct. 10, 2010 at 8:53 am
Thank you :)

nextJKRowling said...

Thanks :)

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Thank you, so much, thank you. I'm infinitely glad that you hold wisdom regarding the subject. This is one issue that I simply won't hear an argument against. I liked the last line; it's true to a certain extent.

ArcticWolfie said...
Um excuse me but who are you to say what LGBTs choose or don't choose. You can't stick up for them when you really don't know what the heck you're talking about. How do you know it's love - I know it's LUST

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sir Arctic Wolf, unless you're a homosexual, it is equally unfair of you to assume that it is lust. Most homosexuals are less fueled by lust than heterosexuals, so quit your prejudices. Good lord! Be open about people.

ArcticWolfie replied...
Oh Good lord! There's such thing as STRUGGLING with homosexuality dumbbutt! I did and I know. And it's a habit that can be broken. That's why it's called a choice

Wow, what a malicious comment! I must say with a struggling temper, your experience may be different from other experiences. I repeat, some homosexual relationships are based on love and others on lust.

nextJKRowling replied...
Well I know many people that are GLBT and I know for a fact its not just lust. They have an infinite love for one another. As much as a man or woman ever could.

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 10, 2010 at 2:34 am
I agree with you!! I'm sick od the discrimmination!