Being Gay is not a Choice | Teen Ink

Being Gay is not a Choice

August 31, 2010
By SoulxFinder BRONZE, Cobourg, Other
SoulxFinder BRONZE, Cobourg, Other
3 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
The death of a beautiful woman, is unquestionably the most poetical topic in the world. - Edgar Allan Poe


Whenever I hear someone say that being gay, lesbian, or bisexual, is a "choice", it really makes my blood boil.
First off - What on EARTH makes you think somebody would CHOOSE to be gay? To live in fear of rejection, and to be a target for gay bashers? Are you really so foolish to think that somebody would all of a sudden decide they want that for themselves?

It's been scientifically proven that being gay is natural and a person is born as such. Not only that, but it's been discovered that even wild animals can be gay.

If you think being gay is a choice - you are also admitting that being straight is a choice, and that you yourself, have CHOSEN to be straight. I'd love to know who handed you the multiple choice card, and when this 'decision' occured. You're saying that you could instantly 'choose' to get in bed with the same sex and 'be with them', and that would be alright because you have just chosen to be gay.

Then of course, there are always the people who hide behind the bible and their god.
I'm not saying ALL religious people do this, of course. However, there are a good handfull that do.

God is said to be a loving father that loves all of his children and creations. So how is it that God all of a sudden does a 180, and is full of hatred? It's highly hypacritical to say that God is a loving father that loves his children but hates some of them and is going to damn them to hell.

People are afraid of what they don't understand. But why is it easier to hate than to love? Why must people totally reject the idea of acceptance? It's a very sad thing. Especially since it's passed down through generations. Parents hate, and teach their children to hate.

I beg somebody out there who lives in a household of ignorance, to please open their eyes and try not to pass on your discrimination to your children in the future. Give them a chance to make friends who may be a little different from them.

This world is full of hate. So if two people are in love - gay, straight, or otherwise - why does it matter about anything else?

Everyone deserves to love.


The author's comments:
I didn't write this because I'm gay, or because I hate religion. I wrote this because I wanted to voice what I feel is right.