Sorry, I Can't Stop...

Every day in any high school discrimination is expressed, discussed, and exhibited. I can't tell you how many racist jokes I have heard, how many times I hear my friends call something gay, or how many rumors I hear concerning discrimination. I absolutely hate hearing these rumors and jokes, but the worst part is how I laugh at these jokes, and I continue spreading these rumors. Human nature conquers over beliefs and ideas, desires and hopes, and even though I want to not be racist or be discriminating, I can't help it, and no one who has a similar background of hearing these jokes and rumors can overcome this problem. I want to stop discrimination like millions of others, but like millions of others, I can't.

cowboyclp said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 8:45 am
I never said i couldn't step up, and I believe in the future i will.  All I said was that because of the way I was raised I'll never be fully able to not discriminate.

mandapanda91 said...
Jul. 27, 2010 at 7:41 am
Saying you can't when quite obviously you can step up is pathetic. Having had experience at recieving those type of harrassments, a weak minded and weak willed "I can't is disgusting".

cowboyclp replied...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 8:47 am
the comment above is my reply

mandapanda91 replied...
Jul. 30, 2010 at 7:14 am

my point is that yes, we can grow up in such environments where such discrimination is the norm. And yes, it is hard to move past that.

however, you said that you couldn't, "Sorry I cant stop..." is your title. And saying you can't completely move on from that is a cop-out. I'm glad you are trying and that you notice it because that puts you ahead of thousands of others.

To change one must be aware such a change is needed.

WeAreAllWasted replied...
I can see where CBC is coming from but I also agree that no matter your environment you have the strength as a human to beat it all. I did and I'm 14.