why do people persecute? | Teen Ink

why do people persecute?

By songofsadness SILVER, Jordan, Minnesota
songofsadness SILVER, Jordan, Minnesota

life is gonna end either way, It takes people with mental illness to build the world.

I have always wanted 2 know Why do people persecute people for being different. I mean I am a pagan and I listen 2 heavy metal, but just because i listen to metal people say I am a satanist. So just talking about that i remember one day at school i was going to my locker and some kid says get out of the country u satanist, so of course I said why do you think i am a satanist. Then he said this is a good country we don't need blood thirsty sons of b****es like you. My reply was if u think about it I have not started any wars or persecuted people who don't believe in what I believe so you should call me that. but what I'm trying to say is life is so damn hard 4 people that are different when there is no normal in life. and think about this next time u call some one a satanist Satan means some one who opposes something so technically Jesus was satin because he opposed the roman government.

i grew up in a die hard christian home so i wanted to say what was on my mind.

Capris SILVER said...
on Dec. 21 2012 at 5:22 pm
Capris SILVER, Lovell, Maine
I applaud this. I'm Pagan as well and don't understand why we're descriminated against so much. When I tell someone I celebrate Yule instead of Christmas, they tell me it's "wrong." When I wear a pendant shaped like a pentacle, people call me evil and a devil-worshipper. Our religion is pure and doesn't involve nailing a dude to a cross.