One man, or two men... Does it matter? | Teen Ink

One man, or two men... Does it matter?

I have constantly been hearing about how people think that everyone is so "GAY".

"You're gay", "That's gay", "Stupid F**!".

I have something to make you think:

I am a male. I like females. I enjoy the thought of having females surrounding me. I ALSO enjoy the thought of having cheesecakes surround me... and jars, and jars or pickles...
I enjoy walking on the beach and talking about random stuff, all the time.

I am another male. I like males. I enjoy the thought of having males surround me. I ALSO enjoy the thought of having cheesecakes surround me... and jars, and jars of pickles...

These two males have common interests. These two males like cheesecakes, pickles, walking on the beach and just blabbing away.
Now, for all you males out there, if I didn't tell you that the second male like males, you never would have guessed he was gay.

I am a female. I like males. I enjoy football and long outdoor adventures.

I am another female. I like females. I enjoy talking about everything under the sun and spending time with my friends.

Now before I get into this, too far, I would like to say to all the males looking at this right now: I bet you don't realize that when a woman likes a woman, that is also being gay.
I bet you didn't even notice they had different interests; you were too focused on the fact that she liked females.

These females have completely different interests. One likes football, the other likes talking. If I hadn't told you whether they liked females or males, would you have tried to label what sex they like?

I was brought to this earth because a man and a woman had sex. I had no idea that one of my parents was gay, until I turned 13. They were like normal people to me. They went to work, talked to friends, spent time with the family just like a normal mother and father would.
They looked at me like I was their son. They looked at me like I was their creation.

Whether God wanted to put one man and one woman together or not, He should have shut his mouth and let all be at rest. He KNEW that his creations were flawed; after all, He died for our sins. He KNEW that we would have very major and very minor flaws.

BUT!

In The Holy Bible, it says that He loves us all. As long as you let Him into your heart, you will find everlasting happiness.

For those of you who aren't religious and still don't like the thought of homosexuality: Why does it bother you? Do they bother you? Are you afraid you might catch "The Queer"?

I don't care who you are, a person is a person, is a person. Homosexuals "Hide in the Closet" because of people like you. They don't want to be looked down upon. They want to lead normal lives, just as everyone else does. They love to ride bikes, and go bowling and hike. They looove that chocolate cream pie at the Baker's Shop down the street. They watch the same things you do.

Being homosexual doesn't make you any different from the rest of us. You just happen to like someone of the same sex. You just happen to know your way around your sex better. You just happen to feel more comfortable being with someone of the same sex.

If I were to tell you that you couldn't get married because you were marrying someone of the opposite sex, how would you feel? I bet you would be mad, wouldn't you? You're probably thinking "Way beyond mad, there, Bub." I have some news for you: Homosexuals feel the same way when they're told they can't get married because of who they're marrying.
How would you like it if Gays were the majority and Straights had to "Hide in the Circle"? If they went around saying "God, that's straight."?

After reading what I've read, what would you call me? Am I homosexual? Or am I straight?

Can you tell?

I got really angry when I read some of the ignorant stuff people put up on this site. This is what came out after I calmed down a little bit.

on Jul. 14 2010 at 12:34 am
LoveMeHateMe GOLD, Tecumseh, Oklahoma

Giving up doesn't always mean your weak, sometimes it just means your strong enough to let go.

I don't get why people make such a big deal about sexuality. It's not like we have a choice in the matter.

And if we did, who would chose a sexuality that is hated? I'm not sure I would've, but I didn't get that choice.

Anyway, I think you have a great point, and there needs to be more people that think like you :)

on Jul. 14 2010 at 12:29 am
BeforetheStorm PLATINUM, Eastbrook, Maine

"I miss you, more than the sun misses the moon... and the desert misses the soft caress of the rain on a hot summer's night..."

Thanks, Crawford, but I know there are many more people with many more facts to go along with their spiel. 

And, Equality, that's what I'm trying to do; I want to get people to read not only this, but many other articles as well. I want people to see how much they hurt others  when they say things without thinking.

on Jul. 14 2010 at 12:26 am

Thank you, very much =] =]

on Jul. 14 2010 at 12:25 am

My point precisely =]

on Jun. 15 2010 at 11:00 am
as a few other people have said, i like your format, but also your writing. your message was really powerful and i wish more people thought like you or would at least read this. my parents are gay too. i had to moms, the split up, and each got a new partner, so i feel close to your writing. doesnt it just bug the crap out of you with all the stuff they do to gays? its horrible! why cant we all understand that love is love, no matter who you find it in! continue writing, youre sure to make an impact.

on Jun. 13 2010 at 3:00 pm
LoveMeHateMe GOLD, Tecumseh, Oklahoma

No I can't. And it doesn't matter. We are just people, no matter who we are attracted to.

on Jun. 12 2010 at 12:07 am
ayesha1208 BRONZE, Weslaco, Texas

"It is our choices that make us what we truly are, Harry, rather than our abilities."
- Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

I like the way the questions at the end work for your argument. Not all writers can do that, but your statement is powerful. I like it.

on Jun. 11 2010 at 8:51 am
Karma_Chameleon SILVER, English, Indiana

To be able to say "I love you" one must first be able to say "I" - Ayn Rand

This is a very nice article.  The wording and format is really unique, and you got your point across really well.  I particularly enjoyed the last 3 paragraphs, especially, "God, that's straight." Probably the most well-written discrimination article I've seen on TeenInk.  Good job!