Winter comes fast on the lazy | Teen Ink

Winter comes fast on the lazy

May 26, 2010
By BigBen BRONZE, HANGZHOU, Other
BigBen BRONZE, HANGZHOU, Other
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
I think, therefore I am.


Being a controversial issue, the debate on whether the lazy suffers the winter faster than others has aroused a great deal of attention during the past several decades. Some claim that they do, while the idea which is opposite to the former is still held by some others. As far as I am concerned, I side with the former. Thus, some essential and persuasive example would be presented in the following paragraphs.

To begin with, the story between the grasshopper and the ant could be the ideal example to best illustrate this point. It is said that singing and dancing joyfully, the grasshopper enjoyed the summer, while the foods for the winter have been stored by the ant that paid a great amount of pains. The result of this is that the ant was hiding in the warm and comfortable home and having the foods stored by itself in summer. But suffering from the freezing wind and no food, the grasshopper which was lazy in the summer had to starve to death. It is the laziness of the grasshopper that forces it to face the winter faster and worse.

Moreover, the academic performance of the student could support my view. For instance, tired of studying in the school, a student always has fun instead of doing homework. And his study does not receive any attention by him as well. Gradually, he would have worse grades and lose the passion and patience. The laziness of him enables the teachers and the classmates to hate him. In the end, this student has to face the end of year examination. Although he spares no efforts on the last day, he still failed to pass the exam, and received the lowest evaluation from his classmates and teachers. So from this example, a conclusion could be drawn that is the lazier performance one behaves in his study, the faster low score---the winter in his life he would deserve.

All in all, I suggest that the winter would undoubtedly emerge fast on the lazy. And we do should work hard to pursue the spring---to fulfill our own dream forever.


The author's comments:
This is the first time I have ever tried to use the English Website to publish the article. And I expect the success hopefully!
The title of this article is given by my English teacher as an assignment. And I am interested in this topic by myself. Hope all of you who have read this article to be more studious.