The Right To Love Anyone

Why are so many people against love? Does it really matter if it happens between the same-sex? And where is it written in the bible that gay is wrong? Everyone says America has come so far and dealt with every prejudice by acceptance. But yet the gay community isn't accepted. People are spending millions just to make sure that the gay community stays unmarried and it's unacceptable. Why should these American's be denied rights that "straight" people have? It's discrimination and hate. Church and state need to be separated. I feel that the church is to blame for all this madness and hatred. These so called "people of God" are letting their religion take over their better conscience. The state is being infiltrated by church. I read a post recently that said "God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve". It saddens me that people bring religion into every aspect of their life. God created this world and you, so why would he take your life away if you own your mind? Everyone needs to realize that gay marriage is a civil rights issue...not a religious issue. Put your religion aside for a few moments and listen to the greater cause. Gays are no different than you and your neighbors and they deserve equal treatment. You don't have to morally agree with their choices, but you should agree with their rights....the right to be loved and to married for love.

. said...
Really, it's so true. I'm glad some people still have some kind of morals, sheesh! I live in the south, so anti-gay comments are not uncommon, and it kills me. Love this article!

i'mrightlistentome said...
Feb. 26, 2011 at 1:32 pm:
yes! i'm so glad all the commets so far are positive! Yeah! I'm sick of the homophobes ruining everyone's fun! Let the gays marry! If they can why can't we? Fantastic article! GREAT GREAT GREAT!

MayDay said...
Fantastic article!

MidnightandStars13 said...
Jun. 29, 2010 at 10:38 pm:
I completely agree. My parents and I fight on this particular subject all the time. I think people need to realize that its not a crime. Also, people need to see that you cant help who you fall in love with. Some people fall in love with abusive people and people, some fall in love with drunks. Isnt that worse? NO ONE can see that its not whats on the outside. Its whats in the inside...

VW4EVER said...
May 11, 2010 at 8:01 pm:
ur soo right. everybody needs to except eachother for who they are!!!

mandapanda91 said...
May 11, 2010 at 7:19 am:
agree:D and the whole Adam and Steve thing was from a gay-themed movie anyways- so itslike using a gay joke that gay people made to justify an anti-gay thought.

MikaelaStinson replied...
May 22, 2010 at 10:33 am :
ohhh lol i had no idea...thanks fr informing me :)

EmoToboeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 10, 2010 at 5:27 pm:

(applauds wildly) Finally someone agrees with my opinion.

I'm not gay, but I'd go insane if someone told me I couldn't love the girl I've set my sights on.

BrokenHeartedGirl20 said...
May 9, 2010 at 10:47 am:
Yes yes yes yes!!! I cannot stnad how people forbid two people to get married based on their sex. Socitey needs to accept this and stop ignoring it. Everyone needs to protest. Why bring religion into this? This has nothing to do with religion!