Can We Look But Not See?

Can we see love? Can we see hope? Can we see faith, or time, or age? Not truly, not really… we as humans in this messed up society are naturally forbidden to see anything that is unreal or fantastic. We are forced into this bottomless pit of familiarity and similarity, never to emerge from it, not with time, or with age, not with faith, or hope, or love. Many people are shunned by society because they wear different clothes, or are a different race, or speak in a different accent or tongue. But the truth of the matter is -- and always will be -- that we are all the same, we are brothers and sisters in a way that we are all humans, part of the same family. We can look without seeing, and so many of us do. So, can you see? Or… are you blind?

Taco29 said...
I still love this piece.  Hannah, you definitely have a gift and talent for writing.  I have read all that you have posted so far! Keep them coming! Patience, you are also very insightful (plus, I think I know who you are... initials LH :-). I also think you should also post on here! 

Patience97 replied...
Yes Taco, I think she also has a talent for writing. Belle, check out the PSU summer writing camp. I went there once -- very fun. Got to interview people who have spent 2 years in China and write other pieces as well. Taco, I actually put something on here -- but it's not very good. You're right, You know who I am! But then again, how many other people would actually choose this name? Suprised at the name Taco 29, I was thinking it'd be something like Luv2SellLemonade14. Haha :)

Patience97 said...
May 4, 2010 at 5:43 am

I can remember the first time that Miss B read this to the class... It made me cry. It inspired me, and as I got home I re-wrote my paragraph. My final paragraph turned out to be about how we can only see the effects, or the aftermath, of God's grace and our love.

Aside from the feeling of strength that this piece gives you, my favorite part is what you did. You took a simple class assignment and you made sometime... beautiful, out of it.