Can We Look But Not See? | Teen Ink

Can We Look But Not See?

April 12, 2010
By Hannabelle GOLD, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
Hannabelle GOLD, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
10 articles 5 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"People are like slinky. They don't do much, but they are fun to push down the stairs" -Unknown


Can we see love? Can we see hope? Can we see faith, or time, or age? Not truly, not really… we as humans in this messed up society are naturally forbidden to see anything that is unreal or fantastic. We are forced into this bottomless pit of familiarity and similarity, never to emerge from it, not with time, or with age, not with faith, or hope, or love. Many people are shunned by society because they wear different clothes, or are a different race, or speak in a different accent or tongue. But the truth of the matter is -- and always will be -- that we are all the same, we are brothers and sisters in a way that we are all humans, part of the same family. We can look without seeing, and so many of us do. So, can you see? Or… are you blind?


The author's comments:
This peice was originally a science homework assignment, simply thrown under the bus by my peers. It was given to us in the hope that we would talk about microscopes(which was the topic we were discussing). But since there were no specific guidlines saying that we had to stay on that topic,I went ahead and wrote something else. Hope you like it!