Ummmm yeah its STILL AROUND I assure you!

I am writing this because i rode the bus to school today.(i am 17 and i am still riding the bus making this seem more like a fictional tale but such is life)But I digress today while on the bus a kid in the seat next to me inquired about the book I was reading. The book 'To kill a Mockinbird' and the boy a 9 year old caucasian. I told him about the book and about the Discrimination of African Americans. His response will stay with me forever. He told me "but wait that is a silly book title my mom and dad taught me that that stuff never happened and that those (expletive word against a race) made it all up. I sat there horrified by hearing a 9 year old say such word with little effort what so ever. I admit i comtempted shattering the young boys world and telling him his Parents a Knuckle draging racists, but all that would do is destroy young childs percetion of his famil. But for now and forever i will never EVER let anyone tell me that Discrimination is dead and gone because it far from that. Until we gain Utopia status(Impossible by the way)Discrimination will always be near.

JesusandHisLawyers said...
The baffled white person realizes that racism does, in fact, still exist. Revolutionary. Someone make a lifetime movie.

Chewie said...

I never understood racism. When I was still in elementary school, when my mother worked on the weekends she would drop me off at the Griffins' house. I always looked forward to that.

I didn't think of them as the black family, I viewed them as good friends, no different than playing with any other friends I had.

After the second grade I started to witness prejudice against black people, when we moved in with my stepdad.

He and his family were so set in their views, they e... (more »)

Aloneinhappiness replied...
Oh jeez i am very sorry you had to deal with such a thing from 2nd grade on my apoligies if thie article brought back unplesent memories

Chewie replied...
May 5, 2010 at 10:19 am
It's alright. I like articles that raise emotions, even if they're negative.

Aloneinhappiness said...
Apr. 29, 2010 at 7:40 am
True very true, Knowing someone has commited a crime doesn't have anything to do with race, but last i checked some crime(or maybe more not too up on my legalness lol)not show on license for crimes(once again my knowledge of such things are alittle off) so they will probably still stop a hispanic person in  van evne if they don't know about thier record or not...............PS i hope you don't think i am arguing with you we are both entitled to our opinions and you make MANY great points

shaunmc said...
I think that your right but i think that some ppl are less discriminated against than previous for instance theres not much if any discrimination that occurs with blacks i may be wrong but i am dark skinned and have never been discriminated against because of my skin color

Aloneinhappiness replied...
I'm very glad to hear that.......wish i lived where you did people in my town are close minded knuckle draggers and it is quite dispicable

KentuckyJohnWall11 replied...
racism is not getting better it is just being masked and now with younger kids it is getting less and less subtle as they begin to say explicit words at youger and youger ages. If these little kids can't get there mouths out of the trash then resurredting there minds on theses issues will be impossible.

Aloneinhappiness replied...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 9:27 am
EXACTLY I COULDN'T agree more with you.  It is still very much evident, and if you watch as much news as me that new law passed in Arizona is just proof of that fact.

shaunmc replied...
i dont think that is racist it's  just saying your going to get in trouble if you break the law. Just because someone is mexican doesn't give them the right to break the law. If your here illegaly I think you should be deported.

Aloneinhappiness replied...
That is true, but part of the law is to stop people on mere suspicion of being illegal, which IS racial Profiling

KentuckyJohnWall11 replied...
It is like instead of being pulled over for being drunk you will be pulled over for being Mexican. it is not right and there is no way of knowing which immigrants are legal unless you want to tattoo them with words like legal

Aloneinhappiness replied...
Exactly!!!!!, but don't get me wrong its not like a support being  an illegal alien, but If we start pulling over ALL hispanic people just because they are hispanic, then we start to defile the very thing our founding fathers created.  The united states were were build by the blood and tears, and sweat of immigrantsthat would bcome the foundrs of this land.  All i am saying is that bill goes a little too far. 

shaunmc replied...
the bill says that if you've commited a crime then they can ask you and i see nothing wrong with that or maybe they could require all american citizen to have some tip of documentation they do that in other countries. then it wouldnt be racial profilling.