Why are you letting other people affect your happiness? | Teen Ink

Why are you letting other people affect your happiness?

By LiveLoveLaugh BRONZE, Fullerton, California
LiveLoveLaugh BRONZE, Fullerton, California

Live and hope for the best, but learn to expect the worst.

i have been a witness to discrimination of all kinds and it is just redundant. it seems that people are just looking for reasons to justify their feelings of hatred towards someone that they do not even know. i know of a father who prayed that his daughter would not marry a black man. guess what? she is dating one and he is a very successful man. this father has been looking at every single reason to hate him. its pathetic. homosexuals? why does it matter to people that they want to get married, or even be together? it makes no sense. it truly is sad that people allow others to be more in control of their own happiness than they are. if you would like to believe it is wrong, then by all means, go ahead. however, do not let their beliefs affect you. the main point is that it is easier to point out to everyone else's mistakes instead of your own.
In the Bible it states: " There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?" (James 4:12 NIV). Please take this into perspective and realize that even though we live in a world that demands perfection, we are not the judges. Yes, there are people that need to be "fixed," but we are NOT the "Fixers."
Thank you for your time and consideration.

someone made a comment to me about a book that i have read. this book has inspired me in a lot of things and i highly recommend it. the book is Leadership and Self-Deception. this book is more or less for those that are emotionally mature. i hope you read it. thank you.