family is not choosen by color

My brother, has black hair and black skin. My mom, dad, and i are all blue eyed brown haired and white skined. And though most people i have met in my life find this wierd, if not downright bizzare. But i beg to differ. Maybe its because it's all I've ever known, but i like my multi-colored family, and i would'nt have it any way else. the animal kingdom seems to agree with me, you all seem or heard of a "liger" a lion tiger, or a "zorse" zebra horse. or maybe something more like my family... a dog taking care of a litter of kittens.
My brother is my family's kitten, even if he has way outgrown all of us. he is still our kitten, who is different than us, but the same too. And i dont see why anyone could hate someone for thier skin. i mean who could hate a kitten? or a family of dogs? i mean really. so i advise the world to look at the animal kingdom, keep thier mouthes shut, and just love the kittens and the ligers and zorses of the world

gennygirl said...

always love to read other ppls work. i really liked the race because i run too, but i only run 1 mile. it was really good though

Sarbear This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this is so true! i loved how you incorported a true story (which adds facts to your essay) in with your opinions. i love your work--will you look at some of mine??

gennygirl said...
good for you! stay strong!

Venus_Queen said...
Im so with you! But my dad would sis-agree with you! i hate being in a family where you are tought to hate black people i think blacks are just as good as whites. Im in love with a guy that is half black and half white! and i dont care cuz i didnt fall in love with his skin i fell in love with him with everything he is!

MarinaOreo said...
Good job. I also have a diverse family. My Dad is African-American, my mother Greek, my older sister completely Greek (from my mom's first marriage) and then there is my brother and me who are mixed. My uncle is also gay . You could find so many ways to discriminate against us. But I love my family and I've never seen anything wrong with my "multi-colored" family :)

gennygirl said...
i just realized how many punctuation errors there are in this thing