Racial Discrimination | Teen Ink

Racial Discrimination

February 23, 2010
By Candance Bivins BRONZE, Savannah, Georgia
Candance Bivins BRONZE, Savannah, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Racial Discrimination is a serious problem in the world today. Race remains a significant social issue because people use racial differences as the basis for discrimination. Hollywood is guilty of reinforcing racial stereotypes. Discrimination and racial violence has markedly increased against Arab Americans, Latin Americans and many other religious and cultural groups. Some solutions to stop discrimination would be to enact anti-discrimination laws. Discrimination education would be a good tool to make people more aware of the negative impact of discrimination on society. All people around the world should be made aware of the causes of discrimination. If we could teach people to respect humans and their rights and promote an understanding that most people just want the same things out of life, discrimination is something we could put an end to. We should discuss discrimination in every area of our lives to find solutions to this problem. Discrimination in all forms is wrong and should be ended.