Private School? Public School? | Teen Ink

Private School? Public School?

February 13, 2010
By Zoughii GOLD, Armidale, Other
Zoughii GOLD, Armidale, Other
14 articles 3 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
There are three things every girl needs:
Guys to make her weak,
Alcohol to make her strong, and
Best friends when both things make her hit the floor.


Where I come from public schools and private schools just don't mix. It isn't just some innocent school rivalry it is full on madness. I never really use to notice it; I knew it was always there. We all did we all heard about the fights at the footy we all sore the bruise from our boys and thought "I would hate to see the other guy". But I reality we never did, that was until the day I fell in love with a private school boy.

Every now and again something happens to you that really open your eyes to the world. Imagine one day ringing your boyfriend to see what he is doing it have his mother answer the phone and call you "that girl" and "that s***". It doesn't make you feel to crash hot but to make it ever worse she only did it because you went to a public and school and were defiantly not good enough for her private school son.

I have seen the guy I love bashed by boy from my school because he was dating me. I have been spat on by private school girls for dating him. I lost the boy I loved because of people's ignorance pride and stupidly.

Next time you go to judge someone on the school they go to, how much money they pay for school fees or what kind of car they drive, have a good hard think about why? Why are you terrorizing this person? Who else it my effect? And in the long run will you be any further ahead?


The author's comments:
This is a personal peice. I just don't get the school rivalry, never really have.