Why is there discrimination and hate? | Teen Ink

Why is there discrimination and hate?

By Dora!!! BRONZE, Long Beach, California
Dora!!! BRONZE, Long Beach, California

\"dont take life to seriously nobody come out of it alive" :)

Why? do people care about what other people want to do with their lives. I don't want to make anyone mad but some people are going to protest outside my school just because some people are a little different than they are they say that "God hates people that are not normal"which can be gay or a different race. I just want to know why people don't let people be what ever they want to be or let them have a normal life its not like their going to listen to them. All their doing is make them self look and sound so mean and ignorant and their just making the "not normal" people feel bad and that's what i hate.
I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

What inspired me to right this was that some people are going to come to my city and protest about homosexuality and jewish people and I hate that people are like that and im confused about everything i dont know what to believe no more.

paramore13 SILVER, Ruston, Louisiana
*any body that conflicts

paramore13 SILVER, Ruston, Louisiana
I totally agree with everything you said. I think the reason people think this is because one they are totally self centered. To them there is this world, their world. That they flourish in and that nobody who conflicts their standers is shoved out. They have that one perfect view and opinion that might or might not change. These same people probably have troubles in work or in their business because they cannot open up there mind to other possible things going on in the REAL world. These people are really very very selfish. In a way i feel bad for them, because if they took a new look at the world they could see absolutely amazing things.

on Feb. 17 2010 at 10:46 am
AwesomeHeather SILVER, Indianapolis, Indiana
It shouldn't concern them if it's not effecting them. I do agree with you when you say you don't understand; I don't either. People should accept ALL people of who they are; race, religion, and orientation. Like, Pooja said, not everyone is perfect in the face of their neighbor or the people surrounding them. But guess what? God thinks everyone is perfect the way they are so that's good enough. (Sorry if you don't beleive...)

Pooja said...
on Feb. 17 2010 at 4:53 am
I completely agree with your words.. People are so much interested in others lives and actively participating as if their own lives are perfect. The problem is everyone want to impose their point of view on others. But does that mean if the majority of the crowd think in the similar manner then they are always right? The answer to this question might all know but some are just too afraid to admit the fact.....