Gay Rights

Recently i have began to question the motive behind banding gay marriages. I wanted a reason, an answer and an explanation as to why my aunt can not marry. The truth is there is no LEGAL reason why they cannot marry. Here's my thing... think about this, if you ask a person why gays can't marry they say because its not right and if you keep pushing the issue of why its not right it all goes back to religion."because the bible says its wrong" a friend of mine once said to me. In law and politics you are told to separate church from state, yet gays are immoral because the bible says that... in America we have freedom of religion. If we are going to base homosexual relationships on religion we must take ALL religions into consideration since our 1st amendment says freedom of religion. Buddha was not for or against gay marriages so the Buddhist religion should be in affect here.I think by refusing gays their right to marry is unconstitutional and goes against the 1st amendment because not all Americans are christian and that's what we are basing it off of.

MisplacedTexan14 said...
Mar. 3, 2010 at 9:58 pm:
Your aunt has every right to get married. She has the exact same rights as a straight person. I can't marry a woman either (not that I would want to) . SO enough of this "We deserve equal rights" stuff. A gay person has the EXACT same rights as me, a straight person. Nowhere in the constitution or bill of mrights does it give you the right to marry the person you love. Marriage is a man and a woman.

MarinaOreo replied...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 2:53 pm :
Yeah, only to the opposite gender...do you see my point? Homosexuals don't want the opposite gender. (Not all, but most.)

MisplacedTexan14 replied...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 3:16 pm :
So they dont have equal rights just because they dont want to do what they have the right to? Do you see my point?

deathward22 replied...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 5:18 pm :
but your point is invalid. Just because you have the "right" doesn't mean it is right

MisplacedTexan14 replied...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 7:36 pm :
My point is valid. My point is that homosexuals are NOT asking for equal rights, they are asking for more rights. I am not saying whether it is right or wrong (though in my opinion it is wrong, but that is my opinion) I am simply stating the fact that we all have the same rights, and homosexuals are asking for more rights

deathward22 replied...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 8:48 pm :
no, they ask for the right of marriage to the one they love and the other rights that go along with marriage. why should heterosexuals be able to share the joy of marriage with a loved one when homosexuals can't

MisplacedTexan14 replied...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 8:50 pm :
The law does not give us the right to marry someone we love. Where in any law does it say that? Women are given the right to marry men and vice versa.

deathward22 replied...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 8:58 pm :
So just because our government is full of bible kissing nut jobs. people who love each other have to suffer injustice

MisplacedTexan14 replied...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 9:03 pm :

excuse me, I am one of those bible kissing nut jobs and its immature to use name calling in debate (just saying)

Also, they can live with eachother, do whatver they please to do, get a civil union, they just can't call it marriage. Marriage is and has always been one man and one woman.

And, my point in this whole argument, which you have yet to prove wrong, is that everyone has equal rights. Homosexuals are not asking for equal rights, they are asking for more rights. Pro... (more »)

deathward22 replied...
Feb. 2, 2011 at 9:08 pm :
They are not asking for more rights, they are asking to be able to marry the person of their choice and not be told that they cant because they are different

lab96 replied...
Feb. 17, 2011 at 7:49 pm :
We are not asking for any more rights than you have! We are asking for the right to marry who we want, just like hetrosexuals have this right. Homosexuals have less rights than hertosexuals and have been frowned upon by today's ignorant bible loving jerks! If were only allowed to have a civil union, why don't you get one? Why are we forced to have something diffrent? Because we choose to follow our heart? and Most marriages are based on love. So most of your debate MisplacedTexan14 is WRONG!

Bobbi replied...
Feb. 18, 2011 at 11:53 pm :
It has always been between a man and a woman because the bible made it that way!! People say its not natural, but almost EVERY species of animals have homosexual ones among them... and do not for get that we are mamals!! Just because we are more advanced does not mean that homosexuality is not natural. What is natural? Getting married having kids and getting divorced because thats what happens these days so in that case marriage is not worth the piece of paper it is written on!

Bobbi replied...
Feb. 18, 2011 at 11:58 pm :
Ok missplacedtexanblahblahblah, you want equal rights heres your equal rights, the equal rights amendment was first introduced in 1923 and again in 1972, its purpose is to give women and men equal rights under the constituion because women still do not have them.. and guess what its still is not an amendment... you would think in todays society passing an amendment giving women the rights we so deserve wouldn't be so hard but here we are almost 100years later, so yes you are WRONG on equal rights.

writinggurlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Feb. 4 at 1:22 pm :
Truthfully I country was founded on Christian beliefs. If God wanted females and females to be together or males males to be together there waould just be one gender. But as we see there are two genders and I am against gay marriage all the way. This is why our country is so messed up no body follows God they all just go there own way (not just gay people)

QuestionAuthority1128 said...
I completely agree with your point! It was well expressed. Try to expand your article and edit for spelling mistakes to make it more effective to read.