It's Unfair for Us

As i look back on my Arab American backround, i think of the way we have been thought of and dealt with. People in my Social Studies class have been racist by saying when they hear "Arab", they think terroist. Even my former crush has called me a bad lebanese terroist.
The goverment also hasn't thought of us either. We are not counted as a race on the census and we are identified as "Ethnicity of former terrisom experts". Only 5% of all terroists are Arab Americans! We need our voices heard and our backround respected. We are people too!!! We need to be represented! As a Lebanese Arab-American myself, I feel this strongly. And yeah, you can be racist about me, but I won't take it.

Because i'm proud to be an Arab American.

EPluribusUnumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You shouldn't have to take it! It's embarissing to our nation that you do.

TripleM91 said...
What do u think?

TeaCat replied...
Apr. 16, 2011 at 9:24 am :
This is a great article!  It is so sad that people continue to discriminate others, even though there have been near-wars to stop it.