Its just a color!

Our skin is just a color and people shouldnt be judged on what that color may be!If our skins were any other color that black,white or brown would we judge eachother the way we do know???Personaly i hate people who are rasist alot of my family is mixed with crazy colors and we all love eachother,but when i go to school people are talking about other peoples skin color and judgeing them on just that fact and it makes me sick to think that people do this!!Groups are also formed on the color of our skin people tend to go with the people who look like them and then talk behing others backs!!This issue is drivin me and other students crazy...If you see this happening do something about it....

jenna said...
Oct. 25, 2010 at 1:49 am
judging people by their skin color is extremely stupid. i'm an Indian and I'm brown. people have different complexions in India.. You won't believe.. people there judge beauty by the color of their skin.. anyone who is fair is considered beautiful by most people.. never mind the features!

olican16 said...
Aug. 16, 2010 at 10:49 am
i really like the point you made, BluePen. Anyway,  this is a really good poem i love it!!

real_as_can_be101 said...
I agree that race is a matter in today's society. However, if your friends choose you as a friend because of alike skin color, i don' t think that is so bad, but when they choose to not befriend someone just because of color is when it becomes an issue. All races started out in their own portion of the world and my family beleives that God did that because he wanted you to date and marry your own race. I don't agree, but i still date my own race. I have dated other races as well, they just haven... (more »)

BluePen said...
Mar. 31, 2010 at 12:35 am

I agree! Sometimes people I know say "She's trying to act white" or "She's acting really black: or what not. It is sick. People act the way they do because that's who they are. People judge too much. I agree with you.

The people I hang out with aren't all hispanics. They're mixes from white to black to a mix of both and all.  

ojrbandgirl19 said...
I agree, and it is sad that our society is still stubborn and unaccepting of our own people. We are all different in one way or another, whether it be our eye color, our personality, our favorite brand, etc. Not one of us is the same. But we do have the common bond of being human, and the fact we can't even get along with eachother because we decide to pick out a simple difference in skin color is just depressing. Why is it that we can accept other differences, but we have refused to be acc... (more »)

Sara! said...
Feb. 3, 2010 at 7:32 am
That's mostly why there's so much war, death, and hate on Earth.

irawr said...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 8:53 am
I agree :3

Nyeil J. said...
you are right i feel racism is just sad

yelsse<3 said...
Society will never change so deal with it!!
Not saying that i'm racist but i feel no matter how people persuade against racism it will still exist.

This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 21, 2009 at 11:32 am
Amen. Why would anyone care about something as stupid as color of skin when you could spend time caring about important things. Like, uh I don't know, PERSONALITY, ACTIONS, SENSE OF HUMOR, INTELLIGENCE!!!!!

pndze said...
I agree with you 100%.

baybeeboo replied...
Thank you !