White

By , Beaumont, TX
I'm white.
Am I racist?

I'm White.
Am I unimportant?

I'm White.
I'm last on the list.

I'm white.
Can I speak my mind?

I'm white.
How likely am I to get into college?

I'm white.
What did I do to deserve your hate?

I'm White.
I've never owned a slave plantation.

I'm White in the 21st century
Why do you accuse me of promoting slavery?

I'm white
I have a job.
Why don't you?

I'm white.
I deserve to be treated JUST AS GOOD AS YOU!

I'm white.
Why am I discriminated against?

I'm white.
AND PROUD OF IT!

kristina-marie said...
What happened to your ancestors did not happen to you. And you can't judge us based on what whites did over one hundred years ago. believe it or not there were many whites who died because they were trying to end slavery. And just like all the whites in America aren't from America like my family which is from France, not all blacks are from africa in the slave times. Can you trace your ancestors back to a ship in the 1800s? There is no proof. Its a proven fact that less than 40% of blacks in ame... (more »)

susu.ali said...
Oct. 21, 2010 at 11:45 am
FIRST OFF, ITS NOT WHAT YOU DID ITS WHAT YOUR GREAT GREAT GREAT GRANDPARENTS AND ANCESTORS DID. AND IF YOU LIVED IN THAT ERA YOU WOULD HAVE OWNED SLAVES TOO. SO DON'T LIE AND SAY YOU WOULDN'T. EVERYONE IN THAT TIME PERIOD DID: THOMAS JEFFERSON, GEORGE WASHINGTON ETC. AND SECOND DID YOU JUST HAPPEN TO  FORGET THAT 12 MILLION AFRICANS WERE TAKEN FROM THEIR HOMES FOR 300 YEARS AND FORCED INTO SLAVERY. YOU CHOOSE TO IGNORE JUST HOW SEVERE, CRUEL, RACIST, IMMORAL SLAVERY WAS. IT HAPPENED AND ... (more »)

Of_The_Broken said...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 11:26 am
This is great and so true, why is it that we have to stand on heads to keep from being called racist. I find it funny that there is BET but if there was WET it would be called discriminative.

KrystalT replied...
I was thinking the same thing about 4 or 5 hours ago.

easycheese303 replied...
I'm pretty sure CMT is the equivalent of BET...

ChickenLegHouse replied...
Aug. 11, 2012 at 8:00 am
As far as I can tell you only get called racist if you act racist.

earlybird_8 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Really refreshing article. Thought provoking and SO TRUE.

MisplacedTexan14 said...
THANK YOU!! to add to what you put down, I'm white, so i can't join the black homeschool group, but I can't start a white homeschool group. I never discriminated against anyone. Nothing I could do in my whole life would stop slavery from happening, since I wasn't even alive when it happened. So why should the place I might get in college be taken by a black person who was never a slave, whose parents were never slaves, just because they are balck. isn't that racism? treating them differently bec... (more »)

morgan_e said...
Apr. 28, 2010 at 10:32 am
i love it and couldnt agree more

Jesse4658 said...
Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:15 am
You just made my day. I agree.

Liz_N11 said...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 4:27 am
White and black are not even races! Who started this racism crap??

PurpleFeather replied...
true. its so dumb. i am black and many times over the years i have been called poop or bunrt or something like that. i mean what black person ACTUALLY is the color of super burnt toast? and what white person matches computer paper?

Liz_N11 replied...
Oct. 13, 2009 at 7:20 am
I agree! People have nothing better to do.... who cares if you're PURPLE?? Seriously, real people judge a person on two things: how they speak and how they act.

PurpleFeather replied...
Oct. 13, 2009 at 10:12 am
i would love 2 be purple! it is my fav color! plus no one is racist of purple ppl lol

Liz_N11 replied...
My facvorite color is pink! My best frien's fave is blue. Together, we make PURPLE! :)

Lostinbooks This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I have to disagree. 1st, I probably am almost as white as computer paper...
2nd, there truely does exist this discrimination. It is just as real as discrimination against any other group. And I'm not trying to sound important, that's just the way it is.

TheMadAFRICAN said...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 9:16 am
Although i am black, i agree. We should all be treated equally. Not anyone better than the other. That is supposed to be the way of "America".