Teens are not trusted

Teens are not trusted at all or considered part of the community. All people think of teenagers is that we are bad kids looking to cause trouble. I mean think of it how many times have you been discrimanated against just because you're a teenager? If you've had enough think of something to do about it and take action! Remember one person can change the future!

KatsK This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree. Yesterday, my aunt wouldn't let us go off in our own when we were in minneapolis, even though we didn't need to be with an adult, and for some unknown reason she didn't trust us. BTW, I live in the twin cities as well, iluv2write!

tianaxbiddy said...
i agree. i almost got arrested for walking home. when i asked the police officer he didnt have an answer but i lookd supicous. i askd if it was because i was a teenager and he surprisingly said yes. idk how to stop this but this has a=happened a lot to me in the pst 2 or 3 yrs.

I-Passion said...
Jun. 25, 2010 at 11:24 am

I totally argee, adults always think teens are unpredictable and we do a lot of things that they never did.

Sometime i think of it as a family relationship. Depnding on we were rasie but then i sometime understand the adults point.

Eventually the teens will learn their mistake it part of life that where we pick up our wrong doings and try to fix it up.

Teens are just having fun right now, they'll learn not but pretty soon.

I like where you are coming with this topi... (more »)

RealisticWoman replied...
It is because of the actions of some unruly teens that we all are painted with the mark of those actions. People have a tendency to be able to remember the one bad thing out of all the good things that someone does and it scars them as that one thing that ruins it all. It is just programed for us to think like this because of the way humans are in our society. And yes, we all eventually learn from our mistakes and some are just having fun right now. Well said comment, I-Passion.

luvdance said...
May 10, 2010 at 9:06 am
Omg i kno! every other wednesday we have a minimum day and everybody goes out to eat around at all the restraunts near my jr high and somoe kids would go to this target and steal stuff and so they got in trouble but the staff took away the privelage of all jr high students from going into target without an adult with them. just because a couple kids are stupid and steal doesn't mean we are all like that!!!

chihuahuaman replied...
ikr!!!! people are always screwing things up for us the good kids!! its gotten to the point at my school were they acuse everyone of doing something. its so unfair!! and they wonder why kids shoot people?

yoitsme replied...
I agree that it's annoying and unfair. But store and restaurants can't really tell who are " the good kids" and who are " the bad kids". So they have to ban everyone...

luvviinnnme... said...
Feb. 22, 2010 at 10:05 am
i agree wid you completely...n am happy to see there are people there who think like me..!!

alayapoetgirl said...
I DO NOT agree that teens are as strongly discriminated against as you explain in this article. Howerver, you do make a point, people do stereotype

iluv2write said...
thanks BunniComixArtist. You have blue and purple hair i wanted to do that but mom said i couldn't.

iluv2write said...
I know Arturina those teens are the ones that will become sucessful and will make sure our world doen't crash and burn when it is our turn to inherit it.

BunniComixArtistThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
i totally know where you're coming from, i feel exactly the same way.
even i, who is a teen, discriminate against other teens without even realizing it at the time.
im afraid of other teengaers (ones who are a lot older than me) and have the stereotype other people see when the look at us...
i think that they are up to no good, even if they're just hanging out.
the same thing has happened to me, im just hanging out with my friend(s) and adults give us wierd... (more »)

JonasLover89 said...
I know, and if I act good and stuff, they treat you like a kid! Can we have a compromise, like be treated like an adult but not discriminated? Thank you!

Arturina S. said...
Sept. 29, 2009 at 12:11 am
I hate how adults always assume all teenagers are bad but i guess lots of them can't fool anyone otherwise because they actually are bad. i give credit to those who present them selves well and are mature to get their opinion heard by adults.