Racism Still Happening

Racism is a form of cruelty used to another person and their background.People may have thought this ended many years ago, but what they don't know is that it is still going on today.It occurs in jobs,school,and public areas.Many don't know that racism is very hurtful and can cause alot of issues. For example, alot of teens in my school us racist jokes and say crude things to others that harm them and mess with their emotions.This isn't right and it really needs to end.People do not realize the intensity and affect it can have on the people that are victoms.This cruelty has to stop and we need to learn respect and see the affects we make on others.

Olivia said...
Feb. 25 at 12:20 pm:
Racists people literally discuss me

nessa2000 said...
Feb. 6 at 9:32 pm:
yes, racism is really BIG in australia, mostly between whites and islanders

brebrazt37 said...
Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:44 am:
racims is do hurtful people don't even understand :(  

swcricket98 said...
I agree with your opinion, but I believe there are much better articles on here that deserve to be voted #1 in Discrimination. This wasn't that well written and although I favor your opinion, I don't really favor this article.

RaenFeatherstone said...
I hate racism. It affects everyone at one point, wether you are white, black, asian, mexican or, as I am, native-american. People have so many prejudices and nasty comments just because somebody is not like them, it's incredible! People are continuously emitting stereotypical comments that are simply straight up insulting and I don't think they understand how hurtful and powerful words can be.

kateknopp said...
Feb. 22, 2011 at 7:59 am:
people are people. you are beautiful either way. :)

bobsaget replied...
Sept. 27, 2011 at 4:38 pm :
that sucks

kateknopp replied...
Sept. 29, 2011 at 5:46 pm :
how does that suck? people are different for a reason. no one was born to repeat the past, because then that would make for an extremely lame future.

love09 said...
i think racism is the worst thing that could happen to people, people are so mean now-a-days they are rude and if you are black white or mexican, everyone gets treated differently, even when you walk down the street will yell random stuff. its not cool.

TBaby said...
Living as an African American girl in a Deep Southern town, I'm well acquainted with discrimination. You're right- it hurts terribly. When you think about it, say you walk into a room of people whom you've never seen in your life. All of a sudden, they have you figured out: your attitude, your background, how you will carry yourself, who you hang around, what you're capable of, your "goals", your "ambitions" and who you will be in this world- ALL AND ONLY because they see the... (more »)

Ezekiel said...
May 17, 2010 at 6:38 pm:

The problem in the world is that personally, we all hate one another. I do not know why, but we need to find a way to get together as one and come to in an agreement that we are equal and that color does not matter. 

Most Blacks are not arrogant, nor stupid. Look at Oprah, Will Smith, Dr. King, ect. These people are not arrogant nor stupid. In the same towards Whites and other cultures, we are all smart and not stupid. We make foolish choices here and there but in reality we all d... (more »)

Jacksprak said...
I agree completely. Rasism is a cruel vile thing that does so much harm. The worst part is Some people don't even understand what they say is rasist and they continue to be jerks without even knowing. I myself, am a white blonde and people will call me a slaver or Massa and barely even realize how much they just insulted me. Your point is valid and I tell you, Rock on!

Lil_Soldier said...
i agree , cuz everyday ppl act racism with me..mostly tha cops tho. just cuz im a mexican walking down tha streets they immediatly think im a gangmember..man it sucks...

Jazzy said...
Oct. 12, 2009 at 6:06 am:
I personally experienc racisim.my boyfriends mother dosen't like me.See i'm mixed i'm african american,polish,and mexican.All she sees in me is being african americanshe hates me becauseof the color of my skin.My boyfriend dosen't care.He said as long as he likes me that matters.Oh there mexican by the way.I've never been hated before,so it really hurts to hear someone not like me because of the color of my skin.Now me and my boyfriend have been going out for three years... (more »)

TBaby replied...
Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:25 pm :
Oh, yea absolutely! I have yet to see something on a BET video where a Black woman is portayed as anything better than someone to sleep with when you're bored.

Alicia00 replied...
May 23, 2011 at 11:25 am :
That is so horrible to have a boyfriends mom racist? I would feel so un comfortable, she must be out of her mind. At least you know you are better then her, because obviously she is evil and judges people on there looks. 

TheMadAFRICAN said...
Oct. 1, 2009 at 9:13 am:
I do agree, rascism is still alive. Although rascism is alive it has improved in ways anyone cannot imagine. In actuallity, most rascism comes from steryotypes and sterytypes come from sterotype engines such as: The News, Disney, ESPN, and espacially BET and MTV. Not only that common rascism has become more broad than before.

PurpleFeatherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 10, 2009 at 4:34 pm :
yeah. have you noticed that whenever there are black ppl on disney and nick and stuff (IF there r any at all), they either act stupid and/or r overweight? they r racist, but in a subtle way

writingrox replied...
Oct. 25, 2009 at 4:59 pm :
It's true. Only one or twice I saw a black person as a teacher.

Peace420 replied...
Mar. 11, 2010 at 1:15 pm :
They act like that because that is how they act