Prejudice is Reality

Can we learn to forgive or will racism always be alive in our nation? It seems that our country will never learn to forgive and prejudice will always be in our country. Many people are very racist and they raise their children in that kind of way also. We must learn to forgive if we want this country to be racist free. Bullying, which could lead to many bad things such as teen suicide, racist religions that hate an entire race or religion for no specific reason, and the fact that some people won’t forgive shows that tolerance can’t be a reality.

I don’t think tolerance can be a reality for a few reasons. For example, bullying. A lot of kids are extremely cruel and I think there will always be someone who is raised to hate a race or religion. Bullying can lead to a lot of different things like home school and even suicide.

Racist religions are another reason why tolerance can’t be a reality. These religions hate certain races or other religions for no specific reason. The other problem with these religions is that they have children and raise and teach them the ways of there religion. Most hate crimes are committed by a racist religion and there’s no reason to hurt someone physically or mentally for their race or religion. Especially if you don’t know that person for whom they really are.

The last and strongest reason why I believe tolerance can’t be a reality is stubbornness by so many people. The Jacobys mentioned that tolerance could be a reality because we can forgive and forget. I believe that people can forgive and forget but I think that not everyone will. So, there will always be racism alive in our nation.

Bullying, racist religions, and the lack of forgiveness proves that tolerance can’t be a reality. The Museum of Tolerance, movies watched in class, and speakers have all said that tolerance could be a reality, I however believe that no county is perfect and this country will always be somewhat racist.

GuitarGirl92851 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I know what you mean. Parents can also inadvertently teach racism by making jokes around their kids. I've heard of kids who didn't like other races because their parents made little jokes about them and the kids thought they were being serious. Honestly, how cycnical and wrong can our country get?

^megan:) said...
I really liked thia :) and it really speaks to the readers (A.K.A. me) and i agree. its pathetic that some people are racist but some people just wont change no matter you want them to.

yelsse<3 said...
Very good!! (: