Equal People

Everyone is equal, even though it is not shown. As a Mexican American in this time of age can be difficult, in the way as the reputation set upon us by others.When i was having a conversation with somebody, the conversation was about what i wanted to be when i grew up,my answer was i could be whatever i want because its my decision. Well this person said to me, you cant be whatever you want, u cant be the president of the united states because they will never accept a Latino woman as their president, their leader. My answer to this person was I could be president if i wanted to because i would make that commitment, i could do anything a man could do in this position, i could even do things better in this position! Although i said all this i thought to myself, how sad it is for this country to be this far away from all the segregation of the past that we still have a part of that horrible era stuck to us.This we will always have, a part of the side we hate of ourselves.

Swa.Swara.Vismaya said...
Hey Mireya!!! Really beautiful writing... And i've been there too when u're discriminated on... but the secret is to move forward no matter what people say... :D

Jawny said...
Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:53 am
hi andres its me john

the bomb said...
Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:52 am
yo you the bomd and yur writting is the bomb (T_T) 69

the bomb said...
Nov. 30, 2012 at 9:50 am
yo you the bomb

swcricket98 said...
I like the message but it is not very well written. Next time I would focus on grammar and punctuation/capitalization.

SkyDeerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You are so right. What race you are doesn't matter.

yelsse<3 said...
Don't let those words overpower you. Be strong becasue you are mexican and be what you want to be no matter what people may say!! (: Take it from a chicana :D

mireya replied...
Nov. 10, 2010 at 12:06 am
totally mexican pride

♥Damar!s93♥ said...
You have a great point. I realy think that no one or nothing has the right to change what you want to be or who you are.

Mireya V. replied...
exactly u can do anything u want or be anything u want if u just apply urself never give up hope