Did M.L.K.’s dream come true.

Did Martin Luther King's dream come true? I ask you this question because I don't believe it did. I actually believe that now we are being treated less than African-Americans. Let me ask you something, how many times have you seen someone being discriminated against in a day.

Well me being a student and whatnot, I see it every day. And there's a lot of bull honky out there. Like for instance the other day I saw someone say the n word and he is not African-American and this guy who was an African-American heard it. So he tried to start a fight and started cussing out the Caucasian. And I have a class with him later, and in that Class he was sitting with a friend. Add all were saying all class long. Every other word they said was the n word. I mean if they have such a problem with the word why would they say it constantly.

And yes we realize that slavery is wrong. But it does not mean that African-Americans can do whatever they want. And our best president was killed for his decision on freeing the slaves. So I think it's made up.

And even I have been experiencing this. Even today I was in my math class and this African-American kid sits next to me. And he wouldn't be quiet. So I asked him to be quiet. So he decided to cuss me out and whatnot.

But this isn't true for all African-Americans. Like my friend his mom rented out one of the rooms in their house to an African-American. And he's probably one of the cooler guys I know. I mean he likes all music, except rap, he doesn't call me or t my friends names, he'll play video games with us, or he will even play ball with us. Or even my other friend, he is a starter football player for the high school he goes to. And all the time me and him will go to chipotle or something. And he is a good friend.

Now back to my original subject. So you all know about MLK's I have a dream speech. and It stated that I believe everybody should be treated equal. And the way life is that really isn't coming true. So this guy puts his life on the line so African-Americans can be treated equal and this is how he is repaid.

And President Lincoln. Like I said before we should be even. African-Americans think that because they were wronged that they can do whatever they want and I believe that it's wrong. And presently Lincoln was murdered for freeing the slaves. Imagine this you were married to the president and you were watching theater with your children and you hear a loud bang and you look next to you and see your husband's dead.

Now I could go on forever about this epidemic but unfortunately I don't have to. So I have written my feelings on this subject so if you beg to differ feel free to write on your opinion which I will not read.

iloveTexas<3 said...

i agree with Katie W.

how come you are saying all this when you are doing the same thing. i believe that black people don't have the right to say the n word, but also the whites don't either. you are saying we get to do whatever we want. yea right ! some blacks have sneak to do what they want. just because you see one black doing something that you dont'. don't mean that they are doing whatever they. i just want to know how does have to do with anything martin luther king jr.'s d... (more »)

ashley1012 said...
i dont agree with people calling black people the n word and i am white that is the reason i am writing on this

Paul P. said...
Mar. 5, 2011 at 6:47 am:
do you why white people act like that its because the feel the guilt of their forefathers. you can put ketchup on something rotten but its still rotten. when you say KKK in front of whites they will want you to forget it ever happened no matter how you dress it up discrimination is bad. didn't George Washington have slaves? he could have whipped them day and night but the text books will tell us otherwise. please don't make yourself blind to the truth you say blacks act bad but what about whites... (more »)

Paul P. said...
Mar. 5, 2011 at 6:37 am:

i dont believe in what you said. first of all your president was killed by his own

but this once i shall forgive your ignorance. you believe that black people are doing what they want but have you considered what white people were doing when we were slaves . discrimination continues today buta the do ikt in a civilized way

Penny L said...
Feb. 11, 2011 at 7:59 pm:
It seems true, what you say but i know not a black people are like that. we just notice those, because theyre the bad apples. people always notice the bad apples more. it bugs me too. where i live, people are always fighting, and where i live its about 45 percent african american, 50 percent hispanic, and the rest other. i wonder, why they fight, when m.l.k was so against violence.

Kyle T. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i lose all respect for blacks that use the n word because it is so hypocritical.

Katie W. said...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 7:33 pm:
Alright. So I get where you're coming from. But aren't you being kind of discriminating at the same time? Saying some African-Americans feel they can do what they want. If you haven't noticed, Caucasian people do that ALL the time. It has nothing to do with their past. It has to do with simply those people's personalities. African-Americans and Caucasians Both.

Paul P. replied...
Mar. 5, 2011 at 6:38 am :
preach the word

happyhappy replied...
Sept. 19, 2011 at 8:07 pm :
All human beings do this. We an't just go around blaming groups of people.

Dustfingers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 10:35 am:
The problem with different ethinics is that they look at eachother as us and them instead of we. Black people use the in word with different motives. Not all black people get angry when a white perosn says the n word it jsut depends on his or her motives. I think blacks have been trhough alot and we have fought hard to earn our righjt to this country and I don't think a white person could ver understand that. i don't think that black peopl should just get ahead becuase of thier race th... (more »)

InkBlogger said...
As a Caucasian, I can say that this is the reason that so many Whites are racist.
Let me first make it clear that I am not racist or even prejudiced. I do not judge anyone before I know them. Several of my best friends are black. However, while I am extremely tolerant, I in no way support the culture that racist whites see as "black" culture. Martin Luther King would in no way be proud of this culture, which as a whole has little or no respect for other cultures or even for i... (more »)

Dustfingers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 2, 2010 at 10:39 am :
The reason why blacks lash out the way they do is becase they havn't been properly brought into soceity with open arms. Some balck people fight against being what some people would call ghetto but that's becuase it was the way they were raised. I don't know one balck person raised in the hood that acts uppity and that's becuase they are not placed in a situation where their lives are comfortable or that they are comfortable with the hand that they were delt. it's so wasy... (more »)