Letter to the Editor | Teen Ink

Letter to the Editor

By maryr8082 BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
maryr8082 BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado

The way we all can improve on society is by treating everyone equally and not by their race or gender. The reason why everyone thinks that way is because it's hard seeing someone living in a state/country with different people and seeing that there are men or women living there. They would seem scared or judged because they can't act themselves without getting attacked  or made fun of. Society is different then how it was before in the past years like when men and women were scared to talk to each other because they were 2 different colors and gender , but the way they fixed it where men and women would talk and help each other is by them speaking up about the situation and telling everyone how they feel about it , they also had everyone make a big step and start talking to each other. People in the past years did not talk to anyone besides the same gender has them and the same color the reason being is because women were scared of men because they thought they would make fun of them because how they looked or acted, they couldn't act the same around people they didn't know that well because they would get attacked or judged. The way we could have fixed society is by seating everyone down and asking them how they felt instead of just one person speaking up about the situation and telling them how they felt. When other people speak up situations that can't get fixed by one person, they end up telling more stories that may help people understand why society needs to change to a better society where genders and colors aren't afraid of each other the reason why people are trying to change the society is because they know if Nobody spoke up then till this day women and men would be getting treated different and they probably would not have wifes or husbands.