Us Inauguration...With a Cute Prez

On January 20th, 2009, Barack H. Obama was sworn in as the 44th US President. Taking Bush’s place, Obama smiled proudly as he sat in the Oval Office thinking about the four years to come. Barack Obama is now our first Mixed President of the United States. The event was watched by well over one million witnesses on a cold day in the heart of Washington D.C. The residents of America that weren’t there watched it on television. CGMSC even watched it. The seventh graders watched it during lunch from a big television screen! That is how historic this day is for the United States.

After being sworn in, Obama celebrated with a big party. Everyone who was anyone was there. (I’m sure my invitation got lost in the mail.) During the party, Rock music legend Bruce Stringston, Miley Cyrus, and Beyonce sang at the historical event. To surprise his daughters, Barack arranged for the teen heart throbs Nick, Joe, And Kevin Jonas to play for them. Barack’s Eldest daughter, ten-year-old Malia Ann claimed she was going to marry Nick one day. She’s going to have to fight through me first!

His Speech was one to remember. “ I stand here today humbled by the task before us, grateful for the trust you bestowed, mindful of the sacrifices born by our ancestors<“ Obama began his speech. He goes on to explain of how much he is honored to be chosen the 44th president of the United States. “We the people have remained faithful to the ideals of our forebears and true to our founding documents. So it has been, so it must be, with this generation of Americans. That we are in the mist of crisis is now well understood. Our nation is at war.” He then moves on to explain his love for our country. Love is a strong word, he has said soooo many times over.

All in all, the Inauguration was the same, and more special, hard to come by. Instead of four hundred billion year-old Republican George Bush, we have the forty-two, much cuter, mixed president, Democrat Barack Obama. The next four years will be the most life-altering years ever.

awesomeaugustThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 21, 2009 at 12:30 am:
you definitley very clearly displayed your opinion...which I guess was the goal here, so good job!
Also good use of hyperbole: "...four hundred billion year-old Republican George Bush..."
I have to admit though that at first glance I was turned off from your article because of the title- I wasn't expecting much as you didn't take the time to write out "president"
you have a very colorful writing style that is interesting to read. All in all, nice work!

Zero_Kiryu This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 20, 2009 at 9:54 pm:
I am Libertarian, so I don't really get into the Republican Democrat cat fights, but Obama is the worst president ever. He is ruining health care, spending all of our money and he even APOLOGIZES for America when we really shouldn't. This didn't strike me as an opinion essay but as a strange short documentary. When we watched Obama being sworn in in civics, I doodled on my program. This country isn't what it used to be anymore and freedom is flying right through our fingers and out t... (more »)

aubrey63 said...
Jul. 20, 2009 at 2:37 pm:
this really wasn't an opinion essay... it was well-written, though, so good job! the only problem is that i disagree and am republican lol but i guess there is opinion rite there. ;)