What Is Peace? | Teen Ink

What Is Peace?

March 13, 2018
By jimbofisher19 BRONZE, Willamsport, Pennsylvania
jimbofisher19 BRONZE, Willamsport, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

For many years ago, my generation still hasn’t found out what peace is. What is peace in the United States of America? We don’t know it—we have been at war—we want to stop this horrific madness of war—we need to act civilized after many uncivilized acts! Racism and prejudice have blinded us from our virtue of the world. In our constitution—one of the most—most—most vital documents in history states, "All men are created equal." If God created every man and woman equal—then nobody should be making—nobody should be making prejudiced statements.

Even the president of the United States of America. Why do you think he wants to have a Muslim ban—why does he want to build a wall—why is he trying start complicated matters with North Korea? Simply because of social media, prejudice, racism, hatred to make us go to war. Think of our history since 9/11, it has been triggering the U.S into thinking we are getting better as a country—we aren't. Another American flaw that split up our country is blacks and whites. As we had this problem since Abraham Lincoln was president for being against slavery. This hatred has developed to this day and will continue throughout the history of the United States of America. In America fiction, one of our universal books, To Kill A Mockingbird—Tom Robinson—an African American going up against a white jury, was found guilty from being accused to rape a white woman. Even after there wasn't any medical evidence provided and the town secret of that Mr. Ewell harasses his daughter. In the texts it states, "He was shot seventeen times and died to loss of blood." He certainly didn't need to be sentenced to jail and shot seventeen time, just because he's black—that is not right. It represents our flaws in racism. From Death Penalty Pro Con.org it has states that 1436 people, plus more have been killed by the death penalty from 1977 to 2016. If we change our criminal justice system, people wouldn’t have to die if we change laws on gun availability. 

 

I have a dream as Martin Luther King J.R did. A dream that America—the whole world will be in peace, so I can experience it. It will end all world problems that are relevant to it like world debt, terrorist attacks, no world wars, and etc. This is all relevant to most things in America. Everyone wants to experience peace not war. Again, what is peace in the United States of America? Peace is up to us to make a change. It starts now—now to shut our mouths and play our right part—now to make a change to ''Make America Great Again!