If I were Mayor | Teen Ink

If I were Mayor

By Hhopp SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
Hhopp SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

Being mayor comes with enormous responsibilities. Being the mayor of Waukesha county would allow me to bring in more bands or festivals, and work on the parks that are in need of attention. Bringing in more attention and more activity would make waukesha stand out once again. Being the birthplace of Les Paul, music should have a much larger role in modern day Waukesha county.

Helping waukesha grow would be helping everyone become pleased with their home city. Everybody wishes their city to be floating with engaging activities. People likes a certain type of music as well. Having different genres of music play each night of the week in the town could bring each citizen in and get them involved. Monday could be old polka, Tuesday could be hispanic music and have a taco Tuesday theme, Wednesday could be classic rock, and so on and so on. Each night’s events could start at 6:00 pm and go until 9:00 pm. Local vendors would be asked to come and set tents or trucks to serve food from those times to push for more local shopping and dining.
Having these events every night throughout the week. The citizens that don’t get out much would have a chance to see their city and really get to experience the history and culture it offers. This would also be a phenomenal time to get to meet the local police which are currently getting a bad reputation and a misunderstood name throughout the country.

Overall, that would be the first thing that I would want to enact and make happen. Nothing but good would come out of this. The local businesses would be getting publicity, the townspeople could come for free to listen to music, the parks would be more recognized and enjoyed, local police and sheriffs wouldn’t be seen as bad guys like the rest of America thinks they are.

If I were Mayor piece.