North Korea crisis and how it could lead to WWIII | Teen Ink

North Korea crisis and how it could lead to WWIII

October 24, 2017
By jackryder BRONZE, Edwards, Colorado
jackryder BRONZE, Edwards, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The North Korean stand-off is a crisis that, at worst, threatens nuclear war. North Korea claims that they have successfully tested a hydrogen bomb which is many times more powerful than an atomic bomb. If this is true, the US is in big trouble. With all of the things that the US has said to North Korea to make them mad, we may not be as safe as you think. The threat of nuclear catastrophe is at its highest level. If the US makes even the smallest mistake to make North Korea mad, it could possibly lead to World War III. Why could this crisis be so big that it could lead to WWIII? The amount of nuclear power on both sides is unimaginable. It could lead to mass destruction all over the US. There has been so many threats from both countries, this is one of the biggest rivals there could be. But the real question is, could this lead to WW3 and a all out nuclear war? Who knows, with all the mixed communications between the countries we do not know what will happen in the future. But if a war does start just know that there will be mass destruction.
               I believe that it can lead to WWIII. With all of the atomic power and now North Korea has a new atomic bomb, it is terrifying, how can it not be. Imagine every night you can hear bombs in the distance. Possibly being so close to the war you have to leave. It is horrifying, just the thought of it is terrible. I hope that we can be safe, live the rest of our lives in peace. The one reason I believe that all of this is happening is because of President Trump. He is not making the right choices for our country, leading us in the wrong way. I want a country where I feel safe, not on the verge of WWIII.