Make America Great Again? | Teen Ink

Make America Great Again?

October 29, 2017
By kristin.diaz BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
kristin.diaz BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

November 8th, 2016 President Donald Trump was elected to lead our country. How can we put a man in office who has mistaken 9/11 for 7/11, or a man who’s discredited a U.S soldier just because he was Muslim, as if risking his life for America was not enough? At an interview President Donald Trump was asked questions on Senator of Arizona, John McCain and stated “he was a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured” in simpler terms, risking your life for your country isn’t accounted for unless you make it out well and alive. Trump has been called many names from a sexist, to a con artist but one that suits him best in an embarrassment. Every president has their mistakes but if you don’t have America in your best interest than you shouldn’t impose as a great leader. Since January 20th, 2017 even American citizens have come to show hate and racism toward each own like no other. So many great American idols and heroes sacrificed their lives because they knew they shouldn’t have to live it as an underdog. Every individual deserves to be treated with respect no matter the language they speak or skin color they’re born with.


                Additionally, President Trump versus Senator Hillary Clinton’s runner up for presidency election is being revealed! According to Russian and American officials, Trump did not play a fair game. His victory was succeeded by cheating the election and the truth is beginning to unravel, on October 28th a member on his team was found to be arrested for taking part in this win for election. President Trump only feels accomplished when he is putting someone else down, in example, during the presidential debates that took place in September 2016, he was continuously being asked to “answer the question”, because he insisted on striking Hillary Clinton instead of speaking on “Making America great again”.


                 Furthermore, a new rundown has come to light with Donald Trump disclosing classified information with ex-President John F. Kennedy’s presidency. Once more, being irrelevant in trying to better our country. Day by day the U.S rapidly stops feeling like home and more like a big board game that only President Trump can play. Not only is he undoing everything Barack Obama worked hard to accomplish but now other countries have had enough and are ready to go to war. Even countries who have signed peace treaties with us! North Korea Dictator


Kim Jong-un has declared war on the United States in less than a year of Trump’s presidency, forcing our military to sacrifice their lives on behalf of his foul words and actions. Immaturely, Trump targets other political icons through social media app “Twitter”, not very presidential like. In a tweet posted on November 6th, 2012 President Trump wrote that “climate change is a concept created by and for the Chinese to make the U.S manufacturing noncompetitive”, if that was true then there would be no reason for China to invest in over $90 billion in clean fuel sources. He later renounced his statement about the Chinese, claiming it was just a joke, showing that he cares very little for the environment. A few years later stating that he does not believe in climate change and that it is a hoax, while scientifically proven otherwise.


                In conclusion, Donald Trump is not a politician, and it shows in his decisions. Trump’s personality is unfitting for a president. Numerous experts in psychological fields have called his actions to be “classic signs of narcissistic personality disorder said by Dr. George Simon. He is also known for being hypocritical, he’s made a statement saying he is “only for traditional marriage. This statement was frowned upon considering he has been married three times. American needs an intelligent caring leader, not a business man. In every election, there is a better candidate even if you disagree with them in some aspect. Trump is not fit for office and should be impeached before doing any further damage to our country. Let us wisely vote and really work to make our community, cities, and our country great again!