America’s Gift to My Generation | Teen Ink

America’s Gift to My Generation

By isaiah11daniels BRONZE, Kenai, Alaska
isaiah11daniels BRONZE, Kenai, Alaska

America vividly stands out from other countries around the world. One quality that makes it stand out is the Second Amendment, which states that, as Americans, we have the right to bear arms. This amendment is America’s gift to my generation. It confirms our right to ensure our personal safety and defense from threats.

Doesn’t it feel good to walk in public knowing that you are safe from potential danger? It gives you a feeling of security. A recent study revealed that guns, specifically, prevented an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year, which is a substantial amount. Guns have proven to be a reliable source of security in the United States of America.
The right to bear arms is not just an American right but a human right. If this right is taken from us, we lose all chance to successfully defend our families. As stated in the Constitution, the Second Amendment will not be infringed upon. We will always retain this right.

It is common to go to a shooting range and practice aiming with accuracy. What makes it fun is the variety of guns you can choose from. I do it often and it is a great way for me and my brothers to bond. I am very lucky to live in a country that allows the possession of guns.

America’s past has been positively impacted by the right to bear arms.

I believe that he second ammendment is extremely important