Environment Help | Teen Ink

Environment Help

By deaja BRONZE, Palm Desert, California
deaja BRONZE, Palm Desert, California

Unplugging devices can be a help in the environment and have less of a chance of starting a fire in your home because a simple tv can take up as much as 30% of power while it is just off. Electricity is created in the process of burning coal and oil, which causes the air and light pollution that awfully affects our health, economy and our ecosystems.

Reducing energy can help the environment is several ways such as letting your clothes dry with the outdoors. Using the outdoors to dry your clothes is helpful to the environment because using dryers is one of the most power consuming object in the household environment. Closing air/heating vents and doors in a unoccupied room or location in your home may help conserve energy. 

Recycling is an important thing to do because recycling helps reduce garbage placed in landfills which means it is helping the environment reduce the amount of landfills. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, there are over 3,000 active landfills in the United States and over 10,000 old municipal landfills. Recycling aluminium helps reduce pollution by 95%. Recycling glass can help lower the amount of air pollution by 20% and 50% less water pollution.  Recycling paper can help reduce the amount of air pollution by 95% and each ton saves 60% of air pollution.

People make more rubbish that make pollution that flow into water systems, and animal habitats, polluting water, and killing wildlife. The overpopulation of the human race is one of the worst environmental issues provoking global warming, environmental issues,habitat loss, the sixth mass extinction, intensive farming practices and the consumption of finite natural resources such as fresh water, arable land and fossil fuels. The overpopulation is one of the main reasons for the loss of ecosystems such as the rainforests, coral reefs, wetlands and Arctic ice.