R.I.P Freedom of Speech? | Teen Ink

R.I.P Freedom of Speech?

By zionjack BRONZE, Un Alaska, Alaska
zionjack BRONZE, Un Alaska, Alaska

ime batman

“If I were to remain silent, I'd be guilty of complicity.” Albert Einstein

Scientific revolutionary Einstein believed that in protesting is a way to not succumb to being complacent with unjust laws. The protest in Black Live Matter and the anti-Dakota Access pipe line activists have blocked several major road ways and streets. Lawmakers in the states have proposed bills that would outrageously increase penalties for protesters who block highways. For example a bill in Iowa that when people who block highways with a speed limit of 55mph over would be charged with  spend five years in prison plus a $7,500 fine and felony. A felonies are crime, typically involving violence. Also regarded as more serious than a misdemeanor. They are usually is punished by imprisonment for more than one year or by death. Also they would. Another lawmaker In North Dakota has introduced a bill that would not punish motorists if they run over or injure someone and or kill any protester obstructing highways. This the weird part of it that as long as the driver did not do it “intentionally” they would just get off scot-free! It is just out right barbaric—they are trying to legalizing murder.