NAFTA | Teen Ink

NAFTA

By zionjack BRONZE, Un Alaska, Alaska
zionjack BRONZE, Un Alaska, Alaska

ime batman

What is (NAFTA?) it is the North American free trade agreement made- in 1994 during Bill Clinton’s administration and what does (NAFTA) do? NAFTA eliminates certain trade and investment barriers between America and Canada, and also Mexico thus Laing the frame work for all sorts of investments. It has also helped create a stronger hold over our environment and economy.  

There were adjustment for costs worker salaries and firm as the three countries adjusted to more open trade and investment among their economies. NAFTA could be affected in the Trump Administration and our ties with Canada and Mexico’s trade agreements. I think this could make or break the taxes and revenues for some companies due to certain agreements Trump’s N.A.F.T.A “tweaks” and with his talks with the Canadian prime minister, about trade which he has not yet to revile. But think of the amount of trade goods used by both the U.S and Canada that trade have been from each other. This could also affect the hundreds of billions of dollars of trade that pass. Between Canada and the U.S. each year, $540 billion in 2015 alone.

Tighter restriction on trade will affect the long term investors and factory workers in companies and facilities that have outstanding ties with Canada and Mexico-based factory like facilities for Ford, Chrysler and GM are among the U.S. automakers that provide jobs in Canada. Could this realization affect Trumps which might make him back off from his previous remarks? He said that N.A.F.T.A was the worst trade agreement ever so we will destroy it to let’s “tweak N.A.F.T.A’s current agreements”. 

This is a type of total hypocrisy Trump conducts through his whole camping what with feeding the fie on seiten groups boycotting trumps competing Company’s for outsourcing materials and getting them form different parts of the world, rather than in the U.S. Meanwhile just totally disregarding that his plan to revitalize the steel industry in America but most of the stele that was used for his companies and hotels was imported from china and other parts of the world so who is the real hypocrite here. What are Trumps true intentions with N.A.F.T.A? My opinion is that Trump is trying to edit the agreement so it will cripple Mexico’s economy, but he does not realize that it affects bolt sides of the spectrum. That Canada is getting the backlash and our businesses and getting it to.