Alice Paul: Fighting for Women's Rights

What is going on today in our world is devastating, heart wrenching, and just down right horrible. It went from bad, to good, to bad again.

For a social studies project, I chose Alice Paul to research and make a presentation off of. I really didn’t know really who she was and really just chose her to choose her. I am very, very happy that I chose her to research. Alice Paul was an amazing woman who stood up for her rights. If one thing didn’t work for her the first time, she would just try again, and again even if it meant she would get hurt in return.

In present day, our society has discriminated women. We deserve to be as equal as every male citizen. For example, The U.S. Women’s Soccer Team gets paid less than the men's team even though when the women team plays, more people watch them. Why does it have to be like this. Women have to work and fight to get what they think is right. Alice Paul fought for women to have the right to vote and guess what, women were finally granted the right to vote because of what she and her followers did.

This year, there was the largest attendance to the Women’s March then ever before. This shows that women are coming together to fight for what they believe in. Alice Paul is now one of my role models and she is a great example to follow. When we come together, we can make a big difference in the world even though we may not think so. We all have to believe in ourselves and each other to make the world a better place for everyone to live in.

RashelLiko said...
today at 2:21 am
This is a great story! Keep up the good work!