From Youth to Leaders | Teen Ink

From Youth to Leaders

By game1010 GOLD, Lakeland, Florida
game1010 GOLD, Lakeland, Florida

We the youth of this country that was founded upon the principles of democracy implore a voice to be had in our government. It is a task that requires compromise from all for one cause: to give the future leaders of tomorrow a voice in government. It is not a decision of whether you are right or left. Yet it is a responsibility to empower the youth of today with a voice in our government.

Now we ask with great desire for you to get things done. Get off your political views and join not as republicans nor democrats yet as one, as a union, willing to empower the youth of this great nation a voice in our government. This country was not founded upon the principles of today’s society, political correctness, yet it was founded upon the principles of democracy.

It is not a choice yet a responsibility to give youth a voice in government. Our right to vote may be put at an age yet our voice shall not be put at a limit. The principles of a democracy are clear, a voice in government. As Patrick Henry proclaimed with a great desire in his heart,” Give me liberty or give me death!”  We the youth of this country imply this proclamation in a similar manner over and over.

As we proceed on into the 21st century we the youth have one mission: to get a voice in our government. This is not a new vision yet during the eve of this country’s independence this was said in a similar manner. This is an issue that if not addressed now will harm the generations to come. It is not change tomorrow, yet an advocacy to express our voice in the dying democracy of today. We the youth of a nation founded upon the principles of democracy, want to have a voice, a right implied in the constitution. That will not, shall not, and will never be denied. It is not a choice of tomorrow, yet, a responsibility of today. 

To show that we the youth want a voice in our government. #youthvoice