The Conquest for Bread | Teen Ink

The Conquest for Bread

Ah yes, bread. The conquest for bread is the most dangerous. Not only for the body, but for the mind. The pepper spray and beatings should be the least of your worries. Our greatest desire, is this bread. To share amongst the people. So all may eat when they are hungry. There will be no poor. Without money, we will all be rich. All, truly equal.

The worrisome part, is your mind. Your precious little head. People are scared of what they do not understand. But the unknown also is what drives us. Ironic, isn’t it? Love didn’t put those bullets in your best friend’s skull. It wasn’t love, that threw your neighbors in a cage. It wasn’t love, that put rubber bullets down range at innocent people. It wasn’t love, that choked a man to death out on the street. Laid out for everybody to see. You can’t fight peacefully, against a system that has no spine.

The conquest for bread. It will do more than lose lives, it will challenge everything you know and love. But once we get there. Once we are free, our communities are strong, we eat naturally once again. The conquest, will be worth all the pain we endured.