A Modest Proposal: A Satirical Solution for Texting and Driving | Teen Ink

A Modest Proposal: A Satirical Solution for Texting and Driving

November 11, 2016
By Morganpharrington BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
Morganpharrington BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

FOR PREVENTING THE ESCALATION AND LONG TERM PERPETUATION OF TEXTING AND DRIVING.


It is a melancholy object to put a restriction on texting and driving. The problem with texting and driving is it is costing people their lives. The requirements are not meant to put a restriction on texting and driving it is going to put a dent in the population. The car sale will also go down because people will want to walk to the location because people will be on the roads texting and may cost others lives.


I think it is agreed by all parties that the life-threatening occurrence of texting and driving has an extreme severity because people's lives are endangered on the roads for all ages. In the twenty century people like to text or message more than talk on the phone over 169.3 billion text messages were sent in a year. It is reported that 45 teens were killed in a year from distracted driving.


But my intention is far from being confined to provide only from the betterment of the people on the roads that are influenced by texting and driving. The number of text message and accidents happening will greatly be reduced.  


As to my own part, I have studied the proposals of other projectors, and concluded that they are not nearly as efficient as they claim to be. Currently the solutions for texting and driving are car pooling and the self-driving car. These solutions are not fully up to date and ready to be used. My solution though,is an app that you download to your phone and if you get in the car with your phone it is going to blow up.


I will now present my own idea, which I hope will not be subject to any disagreement.


I humbly offer it to public consideration that humankind as a cohesive and cooperative unit, should blow up any phone when you get into a motorized vehicle
In this scenario everyone is going to download an app to their phone to prohibit them from getting into a motorized vehicle with  the phone or it blow up.


Of course everyone has a phone and a car when they go  somewhere and when they start to play on their phone it will blow up.


These drastic and sudden changes will not be implement because it could harm people or kill people. This solution will make people stop texting in motor vehicles.


I can think of no valid objection that may be introduced to antagonize this proposal of carpooling idea is a  good idea but may not work because of other people in the car may show the driver something on their phone and distract them from the road. My solution is over rides the negative effects because when the phone blows up the driver has nothing to distract them.


Again, no one should dare to suggest these notions to me until they have a small spark of hope that these actions may be implemented.


It is not that I do not respect the input of others on the subject of solutions to this topic, but simply that I have background on the topic and am an experienced driver on the roads. People on the roads that may have been in an accident due to texting and driving may still text and drive. My solution to the problem of texting and driving is to have app  that blows up your phone when you step into a car with your phone. This solution is the only way because people still continue to text and drive.
 


The author's comments:

My name is Morgan. I am currently a high school junior and it was a a requirement to write a modest proposal.