A Modest Proposal: A Satirical Solution for Police Brutality | Teen Ink

A Modest Proposal: A Satirical Solution for Police Brutality

By AlexRohde BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
AlexRohde BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan

FOR PREVENTING THE ESCALATION AND LONG TERM PERPETUATION OF POLICE BRUTALITY

It is a melancholy object to Police officers. Their brutality already has a big effect on social behavior. This social problem does not get changed then it will lead to even more deaths and even more violence in communities.

I think it is agreed by all parties that the life threatening occurrence s leading to African Americans being killed and beaten by police forces everyday. If the issue does not get fixed soon, many more African Americans will suffer and be killed.

But my intention is far from being confined to provide only for the betterment of police officers and the people enduring the brutality. The benefit of my satirical solution will cause less deaths and less violence by police officers.

As to my own part, I have studied the proposals of other projectors, and concluded that they are not nearly as efficient as they claim to be: Many people believe that protesting against the police is a good idea but it actually makes the police more violent than they started out to be. As the “solutions” unfolded, the police brutality had actually gotten worse. I believe that if the police had more strict consequences to what they were doing then maybe they would not do it.

I will now present my own idea, which i hope will not be subject to any disagreement.

I humbly offer it to the public consideration that humankind as a cohesive and cooperative unit, should: Give the police water guns, this  would stop the killing. - sarcasm giving the police water guns is an unrealistic solution. With this solution it takes all the chances of police officers killing African Americans getting killed. Less violence will lead to less deaths which will make society a better place.

In this scenario: the police would not be able to kill African Americans, which would lead to a dramatic change it the way people act in society. With the chance to change society I believe that anyone would do what is necessary. 

Of course, step one would lead into step two, which would be to wrap their hands in bubble wrap -verbal irony this way, if they even hit something it would not hurt anyone. 

These dramatic and sudden changes, it would be difficult to implement my proposed solution. I know that not a lot of people may agree with my ideas, but will my ideas will come great benefits such as less violence and more positive reactions out of communities and society.

I can think of no valid objection that may be introduced to antagonize this proposal: one objection would be that my idea is very childish and will not last long enough to really make a big difference. But I believe that if it will solve the issue it would be totally worth it to invest in the solution. African Americans lives matter so the investment would be worth it in the end.

Again, no one should dare to suggest these notions to me until they have a small spark of hope that these actions will be implemented.

It is not that I do not respect the input of others on the subject of solutions to this topic but simply that: I have spent the last 5 days researching this topic and worked hard to create a feasible solutions. I believe this is the only solution that will work to resolve the conflict because it takes away the dangers of their weapons.