Making America Great | Teen Ink

Making America Great

By YaboyKason BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
YaboyKason BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas

Presidential Candidate, Donald Trump, contends that, “We need a great president.” He goes further to say, “Well, you need somebody, because politicians are all talk and no action. They will not bring us — believe me — to the Promised Land.” Will Donald Trump make a good president? He certainly thinks so, and I do too. Donald Trump will be a good president because of his views on the economy and disavowing the establishment. He has the ability to make a good president and make our country great again.

Donald Trump would be a good president because he will strengthen the economy. It is important to strengthen the economy in order to bring back more jobs. He believes that “Free trade is terrible. Free trade can be wonderful if you have smart people. But we have stupid people”. If Trump fixes free trade, then our economy will grow. With more money coming back to the country, the government then has more spending money, making the citizens have more spending money to buy products. “The economy is very sick. We're losing our jobs to China to Japan to every country.” We are sending jobs over sees.  “Our country is getting ripped off. We need the smartest people negotiating for us.” If we bring back more jobs and opportunity in America we can become great again like we did after World War II. I think that Donald Trump will be able to strengthen our government. He knows what we need to do as a country to become great again.

Trump would be a good president because he is against the establishment. Donald Trump is a political outsider.  Trump said, “The media, special interests, and lobbyists are all trying to stop me.”  Part of the issue with Washington is that the politicians and their lobbyists have their interests above those of the American people.  Mr. Trump wants to change that.  That is what appeals to people. However, some say describe voters of Trump as, “It is easy to imagine a generation of young men being raised without fathers and looking out the window like a kid waiting for Daddy to come home,” National Review’s Kevin Williamson wrote, “waiting for the Father-Fuhrer figure they have spent their lives imagining.”  However, Trump’s victory in the East Coast primaries show that there yet more than just white young men.  He swept Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut, and Rhode Island, which are some of the richest and best-educated counties in the country. The establishment are people who have been in the Congress for a long time. The longer they stay in there the more likely they have been corrupted and are no longer healthy for our country. I think that someone like Donald Trump is good because he isn’t in the establishment. When he has an opinion about something no one can change his mind, which we have already seen in his debates.

In conclusion, Donald Trump is the best candidate because he is a businessmen and has solved economic problems while Clinton has been dealing with politicians. Him being able to solve our economic problems and being against the establishment will make him a good president. He has this attitude that he doesn’t care what people think of him and I think that’s a type of person we need right now. We don’t want someone who is good at telling us the “right answers” for a world we can’t live in. We need someone who has the strength say the real things for a place we can live in. With Donald Trump as our president, I know America will be great again.

Jtatsu PLATINUM, East Brunswick, New Jersey
Frankly, I don't see what people find positive about Trump, and after reading this article, I still don't. This article lacked professionalism, was repetitive and monotonous with the constant "Trump will be a good president" and "[insert text] make America great again," and lacked research beyond that of just searching the Internet for some Trump quotes. If the purpose of this article was to persuade me in some way to believe that Trump can ever be a good president, you have failed. I appreciate the effort, though.

ambivalent SILVER, West Bend, Wisconsin

everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. the worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. [sylvia plath]

You have a persuasive way of speech, but reading through your article again, I realized it lacked substance. Good job, but I'd do more research if you want more people to back you up. Personally, you didn't change my political views. Also, *overseas

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

Well. I appreciate your courage in posting this at least.