How Dangerous Is Donald Trump? | Teen Ink

How Dangerous Is Donald Trump?

By Sam-Hommrich BRONZE, Westerville, Ohio
Sam-Hommrich BRONZE, Westerville, Ohio

Presidential candidate and former real estate guru Donald Trump has been in news for many bold and controversial statements ranging from pitching the idea of a 500 foot wall, to hinting at the size of his genitals. No matter how you feel about him, you likely feel strong in your opinion. Many people from both the Democrat and Republican parties have cited him as a major threat to America, and that he bears similarities to Adolf Hitler. How true are these allegations. Trump's former wife Ivana Trump remarked in a 1990 interview about how the real estate mogul kept a handwritten book of quotes from Hitler on his bedside. Though this could be considered an attempt to derail his campaign, bear in mind that this was long before Trump's bid for the white house. Many other accusations have come out comparing the candidate to the former leader of Nazi Germany. He has gotten much praise for his bold statements about Mexicans and Muslims (among other groups), this is very reminicent of Hitler's use of the jews as a scapegoat for Germany's problems. The political climate in post World War 1 Germany where very similar to today. People where fed up with the harsh restrictions set by the Treaty of Versailes, Germany was in a rough spot and it's people wanted an easy way to place their blame. When Hiltler came proclaiming antisemitism and citing the jews as the cause for Germany's problems, people ate it up. The people didn't care for the real answer, which was rooted in political technicalities and history. They wanted a group to blame their problems on, and Hitler filled that need. This is eerily reminiscent of Trump's slogan of "Make America Great Again". Trump's absurd claims of building a 500 foot wall and making Mexico pay for it, demonstraite his lack of expierience in foreign policy. An attempt to make Mexico pay for this absurd monument could tarnish America's valuable alliance with the country. Trump has also made headlines recently for the violence that frequents his rallys. Many peacuful protests of various groups have showed up at official Trump event's to exercise their first amendment rights, but have been removed using illegal force. On more than one occasion he has said that protesters deserved to get roughed up by his supporters. Trump's rise in the poles also coensides with a rising number of hate crimes towards African Americans and Muslims. His racist rhetoric has encouraged many closeted racists to become emboldened in their attacks towads minorities. Trump has even offered to pay for the legal fees of anyone who is arrested for attacking people at his rallys. Many other countries look upon Trump as an embaresment to our great country. As Americans it is our duty to set the example for the rest of the world on what we should be, and how we all should act. Do we really want someone like this to be the example we set for the world?

I heavily based my argument for the Historical aspects in William L Shrier's Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and the more recent aspects on contemporary news reports and videos from Trump's rallys.