The Divided States of America | Teen Ink

The Divided States of America

By ghettohippy SILVER, NEW CASTLE, Delaware
ghettohippy SILVER, NEW CASTLE, Delaware

Some of you will get offended or annoyed by this, but good, that is exactly how I want you to feel. Current events… Let’s see what is going on in the world. Donald Trump running for president, a hurricane is on its way, a shooter just killed 10 people at a community college… I am very surprised there is no coverage on the upcoming 20th anniversary of the Million Man March. Hmm… Well why is that? Before I start, I should inform you about the Million Man March. Around the early 90s, the black male’s image was ruining. Around the early 90s movies such as Boyz n the Hood and Menace to Society hit the theaters. Both of those movies glorified gangs and black on black crime. The leader of the nation of Island, Minister Louis Farrakhan, had to end this trend before it spread any farther. So in the summer of 1995 he called for I MILLION black men to come and atone with one another on the mall of Washington. People looked at him like he was crazy. 1 million black men together? On a Monday? The media thought he was insane. That is until nearly 2 million black men showed up on the morning of October 10th. No drugs, no guns, no violence. It was a demonstration of peace.
This historical event happened to be the largest gathering of black men in the history of mankind. I ask myself, why isn’t this in my textbooks? Why it isn’t even brought up in Americas school system. Why? Do they want us to keep that gangbanging image of a black man in our mind? Do they want to keep the value of a white man better than a black man? These are questions you should ask yourself. Dylan Roof killed 9 black Christians in a church not too long ago. Yes, it was a clearly a hate crime towards blacks. Was he shot and killed by the police officers after they were done chasing him? No. Instead, they put him in a bulletproof vest and took him to burger king because he was hungry. Think about that. What makes his life so valuable? A few nights ago, a paralyzed black man, in a wheelchair, was shot 16 times. They said he had a gun on him, but later it was proved that he was not armed.

In the late 1950s, Elijah Muhammad had a debate with the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan. In that interview the Imperial Wizard said, “in the future, we will not wear our white robes but we will work in law enforcement and politics”. In my opinion, my people are not supposed to be in this great country we call America. The constitution was written by white people for white people, in the words of Malcolm X.  This is why we are suffering under the government of America. We are placed in ghettos across the country; businesses from other countries come into our neighborhoods and suck our money out, which will decrease the value of our community. They place liquor stores on every corner, import drugs into the country, give our children free education, and wonder why we act the way we act.

My generation is fed up. All across the country public schools are being shut down; of course we don’t know that. They are killing us with fast food, which is why the McDonalds commercials are now specifically targeting for black people. Watch the commercials now; it’s all black people having fun eating there McDonalds with hip hop music as the jingle. Of course we wouldn’t know that. To be honest we have problems and the future for our children isn’t looking too good. America is in love with violence. Black people are killing other black people, police are killing citizens of America, 45.3 million people in the USA are living in poverty, the modern day TV shows are destroying minds of the youth, the music glorifies drugs, money, and murder, whether you like it or not, black people are not recovered from slavery. The pledge we say every morning states, “Liberty and justice for ALL”, yet we are getting known of that.

My people need to love each other before we love anyone else. We must fix our problems before we fix anyone else’s. And I know the youth of today will say I’m too preachy, but really you are just too brain washed to face the reality of your life, and I don’t blame you for that. For all the white people who feel as if they did nothing to harm black people, you haven’t, although you have benefited. We need to build our own communities, support our own companies because at the end of the day we are all we got. Which is why I call this THE DIVIDED STATES OF AMERICA.