The New Force On the Block | Teen Ink

The New Force On the Block

By Ryan Dircckx GOLD, Stanton, Minnesota
Ryan Dircckx GOLD, Stanton, Minnesota

As we all know the Nazi’s were very terrorizing. They were also very feared by most of the world.  They killed eleven million people in the holocaust. So they are clearly the most terrorizing army of the 20th century, but who’s the next most terrorizing army? That’s exactly what this essay will be on. In my mind ISIS is the most terrorizing military force since the Nazi’s, and I’ll back that opinion with facts. Proving that opinion will be a key factor in this essay. I’ll back this opinion by talking about ISIS’s purpose and their point of view, Nazi facts, comparing ISIS to other terrorist groups, and comparing ISIS facts and beliefs to Nazi facts and beliefs. In this essay I’ll talk about about ISIS’s purpose and point of view.

I should start off by saying ISIS doesn’t think what they’re doing is crazy and abnormal. They don’t think killing thousands of people is a crazy act. They think it’s what they should do, and are called to do. ISIS is really not trying to just kill everybody like people often think, but really they are trying to start a caliphate. According to The Atlantic Monthly from the article What ISIS Really Wants, written February 2015 , they say that ISIS is trying to start a caliphate in Iraq and Syria. Information from the article Eight ISIS Facts You Must Know, from the website Warrior Scout, written October 8, 2015, states that a caliphate is an Islamic State where sharia law that is strictly enforced by a religious leader. Sharia law is just rules based off of religious ideas. To create this caliphate they will use violent actions. Now we know what ISIS is kind of about, I’ll state some facts why Nazi’s were more feared than ISIS is.

Nazi’s, like ISIS, are lead by a strict ruler. As we all know Adolf Hitler was the ruler of the Nazi party. ISIS has a main leader also, he is Al-Baghdadi, but they are really being lead by what they think their religion is telling them to do. The Nazi’s systematically killed certain groups they didn’t find “acceptable”, which was mainly the Jewish people. Like ISIS the Nazi’s think everybody should be like them. So both groups think killing is acceptable to get this. According to Jewish Virtual Library from an article written in 2007, unfortunately the Nazi’s went to extreme measures by killing six million Jewish people. So we know the Nazi’s were the worst army in terms of unreasonable killings, but which groups compare to ISIS in this way.

ISIS has done many terrible things, but so has many other terrorist groups and armies. So why do I say ISIS is the worst of them all? Facts from the website Quara, from a statement made on July 31, 2014, say that ISIS has killed around 172,000 people in Iraq, many of them Christians. Al-Qaeda, arguably one of the worst terrorist groups of all time, has killed around 4,400 people in their thirty one big attacks. Obviously Al-Qaeda has killed more people than that, but they aren’t anywhere near ISIS’s numbers. That number of Al-Qaeda attacks was just counting attacks, not the everyday killings they did. According to the website Daily Mail, it isn’t just the killings ISIS is doing. They’re destroying many ancient artifacts. They are doing this because they don’t want anything that doesn’t go along with what they’re religion says. These artifacts are very impor. They tell about some of the first civilizations. They are also doing this more than any other terrorist group has ever done so. Information from NPS Global says that ISIS is trying to get rid of other army officers in other groups they’re fighting. They have been doing this by assassinating them. The website also said that they have one sniper that has committed twelve of these assassinations. So at least in my opinion we have cleared up that ISIS is the most terrorizing military force since the Nazi’s. Yes, I didn’t state nine eleven and cases like that. I think that ISIS is terrorizing and killing more people than they should, and more than any group has since the Nazi’s.

In this essay I talked about ISIS’s point of view, Nazi facts, ISIS facts compared to other terrorist group facts, and comparing the ISIS to the Nazi’s beliefs and facts. I talked about these things to back my opinion. My opinion was that ISIS is the most terrorizing military force since the Nazi’s. I hope I was able to persuade people to that opinion in this essay. I gave facts on why ISIS is the worst since the Nazi’s. Now let’s not let ISIS get to that level, because who knows maybe with time and opportunity they could be worse than the Nazi’s.