Same Sex Marriage | Teen Ink

Same Sex Marriage

Same sex marriage is a heated topic that only is becoming a problem because we dwell on the end result and our own personal feelings and don't stop to think about others happiness. The right to get married should be granted to all citizens. We as members of the United States have three inalienable rights that are given to us life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. In my personal opinion I believe that the government should legalize same sex marriage. There is no reason that a couple should be denied a marriage license due to what each of their gender is. The pursuit of happiness is a right that is being denied every time that a same sex couple is not allowed to get married.

I believe that as we all grow up we are taught by our parents and relatives to be good people that don't judge or criticize others based on their religion or their race so why should who they marry be any different. We as a country should stop raising different groups higher than others and start to accept others differences because that is what makes each person an individual.