Guns From God | Teen Ink

Guns From God

April 4, 2015
By Mary4010 SILVER, Port Aransas, Texas
Mary4010 SILVER, Port Aransas, Texas
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I like guns. They’re hard, shiny, they can kill or injure a man easily (my choice), you can never have too many, I can purchase them at the local Wal-Mart, and they offer a man protection like no other weapon can. My guns help me guard my family against life’s dangers like the left-wingers running the white house, the ATF, the FBI, those nasty neighborhood kids that walk on my sidewalk, and the other scary things that Fox News warns us about everyday. It’s important to have just the right gun for every situation, fashionable and appropriate. I have fifty or so firearms in a special room in my home for this reason, my two kids benevolently offered to share a room just to make this one available; it’s that important. Shotguns, sniper rifles (from my days in the private sector), machine guns, pistols, revolvers, BB guns for the kids, and a few assault rivals round out my collection. Nothing makes me feel safer in the dangerous suburbs of Houston than being able to walk down my street with an assault rifle. Every Sunday I practice gun safety with my kids in the house (after church, of course), so they can feel safe too: We practice defending ourselves and our right to bear arms, I teach them how to kill the person you’re aiming at (as long as they’re on your property), and we have target practice with passersby (but they use a silencer so as not to cause any alarm). Guns ensure safety and family bonding, and now Congress wants to “control” them? The right to bear arms is my 2nd amendment right and no one is going to take that away from my family or me. My wife and I sleep with guns under our pillows, so watch out Mr. President and other anti-constitutionalists. 


The author's comments:

This is a satire about the ongoing gun control debate.