Ferguson Take On! | Teen Ink

Ferguson Take On!

December 13, 2014
By Anonymous

The difference between blacks and whites is only the heritages that we carry behind us. To sit back and watch the different races come at each other in violence, because of a shooting between a white police officer and a black man tear us apart?

 

All the five questions of the Five W’s go right along with the Ferguson case. Just like everything else. Michael Brown got shot August 9th, 2014 in Ferguson, Missouri. A white police officer at the name of, Darren Wilson hears a calling about a theft being in the process. Michael Brown and right alongside of him is his friend, Dorian Johnson that just got finished stealing from Ferguson Market and Liquor. Michael Brown had reached across the counter to reach for cigars and stole them. If I might not add, he took several of them from the store. Once, Wilson had caught them in the middle of the street, supposedly Wilson asked them to use the sidewalk, “Hey guys, why don’t you walk on the sidewalk?” Dorian and Michael had refused, but one of them spoke up for each other, “we’re almost at our destination.’ Then, again Wilson tries again for the second time, “But’s what’s wrong with the sidewalk?” Then, Michael turns on him, “F*** what you have to say.” Wilson was in the car and started back up the police vehicle. Then he opened the driver’s side door, “Hey come here,” he said to the boy that cursed at him. Brown had replied in return, “What the f*** you gonna do?” At that Brown comes near the car and slams Wilson’s door shut. Wilson tries to open the door back up and tells Brown to get back and then Brown had leaned his body into the car and, by what Wilson says he started punching at Wilson. There are many things that we can look back on that will prove that he may have laid a hit on Wilson. Like the photographs that were taken for evidence. Wilson claims that he was trying to get Brown’s arm out of the car. Wilson says that he turned to Johnson, so he could hand him the items that were stolen from the store, “here hold these,” When Brown did so, he took ahold of Brown’s right arm and claims that he was trying to control the situation at the moment. He was holding his arm and Brown came around and made a fist and took a hit. That explains the marks on Wilson’s face.

Now, we all still wonder why not use this? Why not use that? Wilson claims that he didn't carry a taser, and he couldn't also reach for his baton or flashlight. So he went for the last thing. The gun. Brown watches him go for the gun. Then, at there he dares Wilson to shoot him. Brown takes hold of Wilson’s gun and twists it and aims it at what Wilson says, his pelvic area. Wilson gains back some power and takes hold of the firearm and shoots it, leaving the glass shattered. Brown steps back from the car, but then he goes back into the car to take another hit on Wilson. Wilson, once again takes another shot and that leaves Brown running off. Wilson takes off to chase after Brown and then yells for Brown to get down on the ground. Wilson’s words, “When he stopped, he turned, looked at me, made like a grunting noise and had the most intense, aggressive face I've ever seen on a person. When he looked at me, he did like the hop…you know, like people do to start running. And, he started running at me. During his first stride, he took his right hand put it under his shirt into his waistband. And I ordered him to stop and get on the ground again. He didn't. I fired multiple shots. After I fired the multiple shots, I paused a second, yelled at him to get on the ground again, he was still in same state. Still charging, hand still in his waistband, hadn't slowed down.” That is when Wilson shoots Brown.

We all know that Wilson was doing his job. I hope I’m not the only one that thinks that he could have used another tool.


The author's comments:

We all know that Wilson was just doing his job and people turned the situation into a race issue. I mean I still wonder why he didn't just use the other tools on him, besides the gun in the first place, while he was in the car. They turned this into a racial thing, because it has to do with a white and black man and I understand there’s been unfair treatment to African Americans by white police officers in the past. I believe that we should take a stand and stick together and not let racial problems get in our way. We may not even know the truth at all. Wilson may be lying or Johnson may be, but I don’t think we’ll never know. Only the autopsy could tell.