Why Communism is Grand | Teen Ink

Why Communism is Grand

By Tabieone SILVER, CHANDLER, Arizona
Tabieone SILVER, CHANDLER, Arizona

I may not agree with what you have to say but i will fight to the death for your right to say it

Right now we are all here at school a place that seems to be run and funded by the government, but it isn’t really. If you actually look at it, it is funded by the people through taxes that our taken from people’s hard earned money. This is a problem in itself not the funding but the money. We live in a world controlled by selfish corporations and politicians who only care for self-benefit. Right now this has no big impact on us we are only teenagers, but in the near future we will inhabit all the consequences of this capitalistic way of life. Think of living in a world where your work gives you paper, a worthless material. However, it controls your whole life, food, home, and security. Now imagine having to compete against others in order to obtain some of this paper. Suddenly this paper has value and now your livelihood depends upon it.   This is the current world and many people are willing to do anything to get this paper fight, kill, and anything in-between. Now imagine a world where there is no currency and all is equal, well it could happen one day. If you and I come together as a single cause and institute the people where we are all equal and there is no need for greed.

Right now we allow others to make decisions for us and look where that has gotten us debt, fraud, and global crisis. So why haven’t we changed while that is a question many ask and here is what most leftist do they ,“tend to simply avoid this fundamental question, while offering "solutions" that amount to mere Band-Aids on the social wounds inflicted by capitalism” “Ty Moore”. But there will be new people, people who will not stand by if they like you join the communist cause. Capitalism has constricted progress like a boa constrictor strangling its prey. Slow emotionless and devouring every last bit of it till there is nothing left. I’m not asking you to rise up in a revolution but to question the world around you and imagine if it could be better. If not that then I urge you to think what you could do to change it. But being honestly brunt not that much not in this society only in a society where the people hold the power. This society is a utopia and can only be reached when we all accept it.

It is an idea by man for man created so that all men could be equal and could govern their own lives. In communism you can dare to dream for that dream is the dream of the people and it can never be extinguished.  Grown by you not what others say for they are different and you are different and your opinions will never be the same. Especially adults they have lived life, but your life will be different. Wisdom is a step the real journey begins when you create your own thoughts that are like a wall and can’t be moved or destroyed by another. This wall is not a wall to hide in or oust other ideas but to protect your own the ones you hold dear. “When a child first catches adults out -- when it first walks into his grave little head that adults do not always have divine intelligence, that their judgments are not always wise, their thinking true, and their sentences just -- his world falls into panic desolation. The gods are fallen and all safety gone. And there is one sure thing about the fall of gods: they do not fall a little; they crash and shatter or sink deeply into green muck. It is a tedious job to build them up again; they never quite shine. And the child's world is never quite whole again. It is an aching kind of growing.” “John Steinbeck, East of Eden”. Even as young as we are we already know and knowing can’t be undone not by adults or other youths. But it can be altered; it is up to you to not allow it to be for that is devastating. So why allow me to alter your opinion, well I’m not I’m only offering you communism this is your choice.

But why accept it, don’t accept it, believe it, you can accept anything but only when you believe it will it become the truth. This is the greatness of communism it does not come for you for, if you are communist then you choose to be. Being a communist doesn’t make you a communist many believe in the idea but don’t associate with the name. This people are a people who are not fully united and therefore are unable to stand. Only when they accept the name and accept the value can they become it. Become what you may ask. Become a true communist a person who strides for equality for all and helping others before one’s self. People see communism as evil and worthless. But it is a light in the darkness a light that comes on after capitalism has used up the electric bill. Communism is not the darkness but is the light that shone after, capitalism cut off you’re power. As John Steinbeck would put it “It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.” To me communism is that light and capitalism is trying to make it go out, I for one won’t go into darkness.

Inspired by the dream of reaching utopia

Tabieone SILVER, CHANDLER, Arizona

@Sollnvictus76 What has capitalism done for the "world". DO you speak of the west, well yes it has done wonders. But what about the rest of the world. What about Africa who was plundered for its resources and people. What about Asia where Europeans invaded and set up colonies with no care for the natives who inhabited that land. Destroy the world. The world has always been being destroyed, you merely watch from safety and are content that you are safe while others starve. Did you know we have enough food to feed 11 billion humans, currently we have only 8 billion. Then why is starvation such a global issue, the answer is simple the current system doesn't care about everyone. You want me to choose Capitalism who allowed the slavery of my people for centuries, as they were treated as animals. Capitalism where natives are decimated and erased from the face of the earth. Capitalism where segregation was an accepted norm. Capitalism where you give weapons to extremist in Afghanistan, but become surprised when they nip you back. I've had my taste of the rotten fruit you sell, keep it friend.

SolInvictus76, Leavenworth, Indiana
So tell me, WHY is Communism grand? What has it done for the world other than destroy?