Going to War | Teen Ink

Going to War

November 21, 2014
By Anonymous

Lots of people in this world think our governments need to go to war. People don’t understand that sometimes we really don’t need to go to war. War should be used more as a defense than an aggressive action. Lots of countries say they go to war for a reason but don’t really educate or tell the people why. This is almost a form of imperialism whether they agree with it or not.


An example of this is when the U.S. went to war with Iraq and other terroristic groups. We said that they had weapons of mass destruction and used that as a reason to invade their country. I believe we went over there to get oil which is lots of money for the government. These so called terrorist I believe just wanted us out of their country and resisted us being there.


Another reason they use this tactic is to make money of war itself. When a country goes to war they have to make more weapons and vehicles than they have already. When they do this they tax the people to go to these companies and make weapons. They use this money to buy the weapons but where does the rest of the money go? I believe they just pocket the rest of it which is wrong and basically stealing. As long as there is profit from war the world will never know peace.