Good Times, Cool Weather | Teen Ink

Good Times, Cool Weather

October 15, 2014
By Anonymous

Halloween, pumpkins, cooler weather, and haunted houses- can you guess what month it is?


October...the beginning of fall to me. According to the calendar, October 1st is not always the first day of fall. I consider it as cooler weather, Halloween, leaf changing, UGG boot and sweater weather. During the month of October, pumpkins are now available for carving. Some family traditions include pumpkin carving, making pumpkin pie, eating pumpkin seeds, decorating for Halloween, throwing a Halloween party, and trick-or-treating. Starbucks also puts their Pumpkin Spice latte out on the menu. October makes me want to cuddle with someone, get in bed with tea, watch a movie or read a book, tell scary stories around a campfire, go to a haunted house, and have a good time with friends. Can’t forget about football, can I?

Fall is my second most favorite season; Winter is my most favorite. During the months of September, October, and November, sweaters/sweatshirts and long sleeved shirts are very commonly worn. As well as jeans, leggings, yoga pants, sweats, combat boots, UGG’s, and rider boots are most found being worn. Boys tend to wear Chino’s (longer cargo shorts), sweatshirts, and tennis shoes/sperries.

For couples, fall means cuddling, movies, popcorn, kissing, and cute dates. For families, this means Thanksgiving in November. Thanksgiving is a time for families to come together and celebrate the first feast. As for me, this means my birthday! My birthday is the 16th of November, so I wait almost all of the fall season for my special day, then I have to wait a whole nother year.

Autumn can be described as a happy, friendly, warm time. Many people around the world celebrate differently, but at least we all recognize this season. Enjoy the good times and the people around you.


The author's comments:

This piece is about fall and what fall means to me.