The Southern Border: A Crisis | Teen Ink

The Southern Border: A Crisis

July 10, 2014
By Caesar123 DIAMOND, Union Grove, Wisconsin
Caesar123 DIAMOND, Union Grove, Wisconsin
50 articles 7 photos 103 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Madness in great ones must not unwatched go" --Claudius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet


Fairness seems to be a value lost completely in today’s society. I think that perhaps this can be best seen in Barrack Obama’s undermining of immigration policy. It has been reported recently that tens of thousands of illegal immigrant children are pouring over the border, as well as that the Obama administration has ordered the release of tens of thousands of immigrant families, as well as some illegal aliens who have been indicted (and even convicted) of violent crimes.

Now, I refuse to believe that I am the only one who sees what is wrong with this. I mean, for crying out loud, how has it come to this? The law is very clearly stated. In order to enter the country, all foreigners need some form of paperwork or official documentation, constituting permission from the government and its people. For immigrants intending to settle in and perhaps naturalize themselves as American citizens, even more paperwork and official approval is needed.

However, the Obama administration has seen fit to waive this documentation, which is required by the law that presides over this country, and let anyone and everyone come up and over the border. All of this, while tens of thousands of other legal immigrants patiently wait their turn to get into the country. How is any of this fair? The answer is it is not. It is not fair that one group of immigrants takes a seat and has to wait, while Latin Americans can seemingly cross the border without any fear of repercussion. It truly isn’t fair.

Not only would I level that this practice is unfair, I would wager that it is racist and dangerous. Obama and his fellow Democrats declare themselves immune from the scathing power of racism. They’re liberals. They couldn’t have a racist bone in their bodies. Consider then why Obama would make Canadians, Britons, the French, Belgians, Germans, the Chinese, the Japanese, Koreans, South Africans, Egyptians, Algerians, Liberians, Indians, Samoans, Australians, and New Zealanders sit and wait their turn, while Mexicans, Guatemalans, El Salvadorans, Hondurans, Costa Ricans, Panamanians, and all other Latin Americans get preferential treatment.

One must also ask about the cartels, because this mass diaspora is being spurred by something, and it surely isn’t the strength of the American economy. No, these people are trying to escape the violence that has plagued their countries, urged on by drug dealers and corrupt politicians alike. One must also ask if it is any wonder that this violence and this scourge of drugs and corruption will follow the undocumented aliens that Obama has seen fit to open the doors to. After all, walking over the border now is so easy a baby could do it.

Of course, the true reasoning behind letting these illegal alien children isn’t truly because Obama or his cronies care for them. No, oh no, that’s a happy side effect that gets printed in The New York Times and lauded over on NBC, but not the end goal. See what’s going on, is that the Democrats assume that by letting Hispanics in to the country, they’ll vote for Democrats when the time comes. The Democrats would like to grow their voting base, and especially in states that are pretty solidly red. Just look at where these children are being sent to. Arizona, Texas, and a bunch of other border states. Understand why? All of these areas are pretty solidly Republican, and if the Democrats can undermine a Republican majority in any way, no matter how illegal, they’ll be happy campers.

And as if you needed more proof, there’s a report out only a little while ago of a state senator in upstate New York, who’d like to give illegal immigrants the right to vote, which of course is ludicrous. I mean the law clearly states that you must be a citizen of this country to vote! Which makes sense because if you are a citizen of America in good standing, not some random illegal alien that just got bused up from Mexico, then you should be truly invested in this country and have the right to vote. So why, why, do they think that illegal immigrants (not only foreigners, but foreigners without permission to be in this country) should vote!? I mean it’s a clear violation of law set down by the government, the same government that the Obama administration now represents. There’s only one explanation. The Democrats need to grow their base, they need to undermine Republican voters, and they honestly don’t care who they step on or what rights or laws they destroy to get there.

Alright. I know you liberals out there you’re shaking your head at me. Right now you’re calling me all sorts of horrible names and saying how uncompassionate and closed minded I am. Let me respond to that. What is uncompassionate is uprooting these children and then bringing them to a foreign country where they don’t know the language, the customs, or what they’ve gotten themselves into. What is uncompassionate is having no plan to deal with them and then dumping them into the midst of American communities that also have no plan to deal with them. What is uncompassionate is taking them, naturalizing them instantly and without regard for the law, and then letting them vote in a country (as I said before) where they know no traditions or customs or anything of the major problems plaguing our nation. What is uncompassionate is undoing the law that governs this nation, unraveling the Constitution that is its backbone, and destroying the American way of life. This is not what America’s Founding Fathers had in mind when they wrote those articles of governance that we cherish today. They did not want a lawless state where anyone can enter the country, dangerous or not, and do whatever they want. They wanted a nation of peace, stability, and order. They wanted a land of freedom, which is very different from what this administration has provided.

Mr. Obama, I’m calling you out on this one. America, I’m calling you out on this one. If there was ever a cause to rally around, if there was ever something we could all agree on, it’d be this. I understand that many of the immigrants jumping over the border are just looking for a better life. I understand that they’re running from the violence and cartels of Central America. However, how is that any different than a Ukrainian or a Syrian trying to escape violence in their countries? It’s not fair is what it is, and if the left could cut the politics for a minute and just look at the actual effects of what they’re doing, maybe we could resolve this entirely unnecessary crisis. So come on America! Call your representatives! Call the President himself! Tell him you won’t stand for an undermining of your right to vote! Tell him you won’t stand for potentially dangerous criminals coming up from the south. Because if we the people don’t try to stop it, I can’t believe anyone will.


The author's comments:
I’ve just become so fed up in the last couple of weeks with the situation at the border and the attack that is being launched at the Constitution and the rights that the Constitution provides me that I felt like I had to say something.